Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble at startup

Hi.

My truck was out of action for a few weeks recently due to a blown radiator. I have used veg oil in it prior to the problems.

The radiator is now replaced and the truck runs real nice now. However, there is one minor problem in that when I start the truck up in the morning, it will cut out unless I give it some gas to get the revs up and I get loads of white smoke. This only happens when I start it up in the mornings or if it hasn't been used for a few hours.

Any idea what could be causing it? It's really irritating cos when i rev it initially, there is so much white smokes, it attracts unwanted attention from passers by. I though it may be veg oil that has been left at the bottom of the tank or something.

There is no white smoke once I've driven it around for a bit and it startups without needing extra revs after the initial start up.

Anythign I can do about it?
    Many thanks.

Originally posted by ferretmanabu
    However, there is one minor problem in that when I start the truck up in the morning, it will cut out unless I give it some gas to get the revs up and I get loads of white smoke. This only happens when I start it up in the mornings or if it hasn't been used for a few hours.
    Anythign I can do about it?
    Many thanks.
    Hello,

I had the exact same problem - replaced the glow plugs and all OK.

Except -- I bought the cheap ones off Milners - and it went again within three months.

Fitted the good ones from Roughtrax months ago and I have no starting probs at all.

Also = give it two clicks of the glow plug light before starting - you may be surprised ...............

Oh, and hold it on the starter for a couple of seconds............
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
    X