Bonehead Boneyards !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonehead Boneyards !!!!!!

I am Canadian, I have a 91 ln130 2.4 turbo diesel surf. I have blown the head. I am trying to buy a new one. Places like Roughtrax and Milner off road say, ya we have the part but we wont send it to you. I ask why and they dont reply. I am wondering if it's ; 1) they dont like Canadians ? 2) they are not smart enough to spell Canada on the parcell, or 3) they are to lazy to figure out how to ship something to Canada. One even commented that it would cost a lot to ship a head to Canada ?????? ahh buddy I am the one paying, you are the one selling. I figure out when its too much, I have to say thats the stupidest business savy I have witnessed.
    Anyone know a company that does business ??
    Thanks Krash

The heads are outrageously heavy but, yeah, you can ship them. I Fed-exed the entire contents of a flat from Sydney to London so it can be done.

Can't you get one in Canada or the US? You could always try Stevo.

Comment

Try asking your local Toyota dealer for a 3L head, (not the head for a three litre,
      3L is the head type). I believe it's a 2.8 head.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Try asking your local Toyota dealer for a 3L head, (not the head for a three litre,
        3L is the head type). I believe it's a 2.8 head.
        Quite right Matt - Toyota bought out a normally aspirated 2.8 diesel in some markets. The head on this engine is stronger than the 2.4 head but can be fitted to a 2.4 block.

This is the 'modified' head everyone fits.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Can't you get one in Canada or the US? You could always try Stevo.
          Stevo can be found at http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html

Comment

Canadian head

The head here doesnt work, I think due to fuel injection problems, 2lt , 2lte
            I know the head can be shipped. I used to ship a/c engines worldwide from canada. My point is that these UK co/ Listed refuse to do business, no matter the cost to me

thanks for all the replies i will try the "STEVO"
            found a co. here that will get one for 1850 canadian, not sure if its long head with valves or if it is redesigned.
            Krash

Comment

Ask the guys here.

http://www.toyotadiesel.com/forums/

I know some have had the head sent from Australia through a company called Allhead. There is also a source in New Zealand but I know nothing of these and they may be Chinese.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by krash69
                The head here doesnt work, I think due to fuel injection problems, 2lt , 2lte
                I know the head can be shipped. I used to ship a/c engines worldwide from canada. My point is that these UK co/ Listed refuse to do business, no matter the cost to me
                Which head doesn't work? You have a 2L-TE, correct?

Comment

Witch head

no its a witch hunt to fnd a head. The head produced in canada/na is 84-85 and is 2.4 lt and the one I have is a lte the e being the fuel injection difference i believe. Found a place in canada, they source from au, 2 grand for short head. thanks for other links Krash

Comment

allhead

ordered a head and pump kit from allhead.au, cant wait till it gets here hope all is well with them

Comment

Originally posted by krash69
                      ordered a head and pump kit from allhead.au, cant wait till it gets here hope all is well with them

how much does it come up to with shipping in $Canadian$ ?

Is there a better head that can be dropped on for better performance and longer life?

I figure that putting the same style head back on the engine is just waiting for the same thing to happen again?
                      Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

allhead.au

got the head and highflow waterpump and steam release valves etc, shop charged me 2200 bucks to install, but all seems well and surf may actually work for more than 2 weeks, thanks to allhead shipped promptly and kit looks impressive

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
                          Is there a better head that can be dropped on for better performance and longer life?
                          Hello,

The 2.4 replacement head is off an engine called the 3L - it is off the 2.8 litre engine.

It is stronger and does not have the cracking problem - mine has been in for nearly 4 years and done over 120,000kms.

Comment

Hi, I know this thread is over a month old. I just thought I'd add to it by saying that I just bought a 90 Hilux Surf 2.4TD. With a 2 yr/24,000kms warranty from VI Imports: http://www.vicustomcarimports.com/
                            they told me that if the head goes within the 2yrs, they would replace it, with one of the 20 they have in their yard. They also said that they would have most of my parts if needed. So if your Canadian, you may want to give them a try.
                            This is my first post, and so far this forum has been great for info. Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X