No announcement yet.

Clutch slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The garage has just called to say it is ready, they still don't have a price for me, as they have to work it out..lol
    One thing they did mention is that the new clutch from milners is incredibly light, they say it works fine, but is very very light. Is this a common thing? I am not complaining just interested if anyone has had that when fitting a new clutch?
    Cheers
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Comment

Hows the clutch situation dickspanner?

Comment

Originally posted by Pika1971
        The garage has just called to say it is ready, they still don't have a price for me, as they have to work it out..lol
        One thing they did mention is that the new clutch from milners is incredibly light, they say it works fine, but is very very light. Is this a common thing? I am not complaining just interested if anyone has had that when fitting a new clutch?
        Cheers
        Seems normal, I've fitted 3 solid flywheel and clutch conversions so far and they are very light on the pedal.

One has been in nearly a year now and still works fine, no ones complained of any slipping issues.

If its just the feel that bothers you, put a bigger spring on the clutch pedal.

As for prices, I charge £200 for the labour.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          If its just the feel that bothers you, put a bigger spring on the clutch pedal.
          Speaking of clutch springs. This is the type on my 2.4.

This would probably be impossible to replace with another. There is however provision on the bracket and pedal to install the normal type straight coil return spring which the Aussie HiLux seems to have if you want a stiffer pedal. I have the Daikin/Exedy solid conversion and like the softer feel of the clutch. I also replaced the bushes for the spring and pedal which improved the smooth operation.

Nev

Comment

Tony,

I have the same problem as dickspanner. When the turbo kicks in the clutch slips. I have just spoken to the garage and they say that they just took the old clutch out and called milner for a straight replacement, he said milner did say that it could be upgraded to a newer version but that would cost 500 quid for the parts, so they didn't consider it. I asked about the flywheel and they said that it had no play in it so they felt that was fine and just fitted the clutch. So far to get the parts and have them fitted it has cost me 600 quid and it slips just like it did before. Any advice would be apprieciated...

Comment

Working...
            X