engine overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine overhaul

Ok chaps (and chapettes) crunch time has arrived. In the next week or two the surf is going to have to have an engine overhaul (strip and rebuild).
    Has anyone else done this and if so what things do I need to look out for when getting my trusty mechanic to deal with it?

Cheers

Chris

I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

I'd be labelling all those vacuum pipes and gettin lots of pre pics. They all look the same and connect to anywhere.
    Wires seem to find their way back to where they connect to but often you find connectors that are permanently open and unused (for other setups/markets I suppose), they can confuse the hell outta you when refitting everything but your mechanic wont need to be told this.
    Good luck.

Comment

when i did ferrets head i had my truck parked right next to it. makes life much easier its just like having a lid with the picture on it...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Make sure reused parts go back in the same place, same way round, ie valves, pistons, rods, etc

Hone the bore properly for oil retention if cleaning up the bore.

Clean everything, measure everything, new big ends, mains and rings while its apart.

Same rules as every other engine rebuilt really, there isn't anything mysterious about a Surf motor, its just another engine. Things go round and round, up and down! If everything is by the book, it'll work smoothly.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X