Never remove the front wheel!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never remove the front wheel!!!

Removed my ns front wheel today for a nice & simple balance job and found the drop link had died and the hub side gaitor busted, Toyota wants £26 for the link OK fair doo's but the gaitor NEEDS to be a kit IE both rubbers & 4 tie wraps to suit mucho cheapo @ a fekin £95

Universal one purchased for £3.74, hope it fits?

Originally posted by AuldNick
    Removed my ns front wheel today for a nice & simple balance job and found the drop link had died and the hub side gaitor busted, Toyota wants £26 for the link OK fair doo's but the gaitor NEEDS to be a kit IE both rubbers & 4 tie wraps to suit mucho cheapo @ a fekin £95

Have a look at milners for the parts

http://www.milneroffroad.com/
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick

I tried that one never again as it was a pain.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        I tried that one never again as it was a pain.
        here here!!! been there done that!!

they arnt that expensive from milners..
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          here here!!! been there done that!!

they arnt that expensive from milners..
          GREASE everywhere orrible job
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

I employ greasy monkeys to do the dirty work, I pay the wages THEY get dirty but I hear you on the Milners option and will give em a call next week.

BTW the droplink was fitted in less than 5 mins with the aid of a ratchet strap no need for jacks and no need to even remove the wheel, ffs even I could have dood it

Comment

I needed to do the same and instead of spending dosh on new stuff, I found two perfect CVs on a breaker complete with original Toyota boots still on them for dead cheap. Maybe Tony or someone has a surf with CVs to pillage off.

Comment

Working...
              X