Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED A NEW ENGINE FOR MY 1993 2.4 SSRX. Where can i get a new one? My current engine has only done 70,000 and blew up today on the motorway can i get it fixed? How much am i looking and it costing??? Please, does anyone have any suggestions/ recommendations?

Cheers Joe

It maybe repairable, how did it 'blow up'? Timing belt snap, overheated, time bomb under the bonnet?

Comment

Give Stevo a ring
      Stevo
      Engine co ltd
      Stockport
      Telephone: 0161 476 6144
      Mike G

Comment

What do you class as blowing up?

Edit: Even when one answers like sh*t of a shovel, one still gets beaten to
        the punch.

Comment

Well.......last week i took it to my mechanic for the wheel bearing fixing. I also asked him to check out suspected over heating as temp kept rising, but no cause was found.

Wheel bearing fixed etc...picked it up Monday, decided to go away this weekend. Driving along M1 noticed temp start to rise again, thought, ok problem not solved...put on blowers so heat was coming inside, then something started clicking...kinda like something was stuck in the wheel maybe or under the front end. Carried on down motorway to find nearest service station, clicking got worse, decided to come off at next junction as services were further, started to loose power and clicking got even worse till eventually heard a loud bang! Engine cut out managed to roll it to heard sholder and stop. Smoked bellowing out, opened bonnet and flames came out of where oil sprayed over start of the exhaust bit...oil ran down road underneath till it was empty.

Fortunatley, we had 5ltr bottle of water which we sprayed over engine to stop fire, but basically is now mullared! Got picked up by recovery and man said something about cam rod has blown out of the engine maybe? Turned it over but nothing, apparently erngine seized?

Will call Stevo tomorrow.....any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            What do you class as blowing up?

Edit: Even when one answers like sh*t of a shovel, one still gets beaten to
            the punch.
            me thinks vince as got hes comp turbocharged
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Simpson
              Got picked up by recovery and man said something about cam rod has blown out of the engine maybe? Turned it over but nothing, apparently erngine seized?

Will call Stevo tomorrow.....any other suggestions?
              If the con-rod had escaped, you'd see it, almost certainley.

What do you mean by 'turned it over'? By hand? On the key? What did happen? Does the engine turn at all?
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                If the con-rod had escaped, you'd see it, almost certainley.

What do you mean by 'turned it over'? By hand? On the key? What did happen? Does the engine turn at all?

It's probably 'thrown a rod' as they say accross the big pond, and punched a hole in the sump.

Certainly a bottom end re-build is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                  More like a warp drive with time travel function.

Comment

Remember a while back, my post about the forum clock being 5 minutes fast?
                    Well now the clock is correct, but now I'm 5 minutes fast, so I get to see the posts before everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by joker??

It's got a Vincebox fitted!

a bit like a bobbox but for 'pooters.

Comment

Working...
                      X