leaking turbo?can anyone advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking turbo?can anyone advise

we took our truck in to have the fuel pump sorted the bloke who is supposed to be doing it is a freind of a freind anyway cut a long story short we said right whilst its in can you do the brakes,cv boots ,new timing belt etc main reason it went in is because we were having trouble starting the truck and it was not the glow plugs then we noticed the pump leaking from the bottom end.well now the bloke reckons the pump is not leaking he says the timing belt has never been changed before even though it was supposed to of been changed when we bought the truck a few years back which doesnt suprise me, he says we have a leak in our radiator even though the water level has never dropped and there is a leak on our turbo which is why there is an area of black oil in there im guessing the bloke doesnt want to touch the fuel pump ,right fine no problems i will sort it myself $$$$$$ typical just means i will be stuck withought transport for a little longer but what about the rest?ok after writing all that i just spoke to dh again and i misheard its not the servo its the turbo its leaking from i thought i had not had any brake problems and was wondering where all these things were coming from .ok right so can somebody tell me how big a job is it to do the turbo?can it be done or will i need to buy a re con?its one thing after another at the moment
    Last edited by missy; 17 August 2006, 10:46.

Are you saying that there's a bit of oil in the tubes that come from the air fiter to the turbo? if so, that's normal.

Comment

ok thanks for that vince will let dh know as he is going up after work to see what the hell is going on .the only thing i recall seeing under the bonnet leaking was deisel from the pump and that was only when the car was cold and we had just started it until the other day therewas a great big patch under the truck i thought it was off a neighbours car then the next day went to start the truck and thought the glow plugs had gone then realized it was not the glow plugs but one of the bottom seals on the fuel pump obviousley letting air into the system.anyway will tell dh that its normal for a small amount to pass through the tubes as maybe that is what the man is classing as a leak?

Comment

Originally posted by missy
        ok thanks for that vince will let dh know as he is going up after work to see what the hell is going on .the only thing i recall seeing under the bonnet leaking was deisel from the pump and that was only when the car was cold and we had just started it until the other day therewas a great big patch under the truck i thought it was off a neighbours car then the next day went to start the truck and thought the glow plugs had gone then realized it was not the glow plugs but one of the bottom seals on the fuel pump obviousley letting air into the system.anyway will tell dh that its normal for a small amount to pass through the tubes as maybe that is what the man is classing as a leak?
        And breathe....................... ...........
        It just does, OK?

Comment

DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

yep you were right when we got it back had a look and the only leak that we found was were one of the clips was loose but as you said from the small amount that would be going through the tubes as for the ret its mostley sorted out now thanks god lol.cheers for the help

Comment

Working...
            X