lift kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift kits

hiya all you surfers, i've got a 91 2.4 surf and want to give it a 2 inch lift, i read somewhere that all have to do is change the rear springs then you can adjust the front torsion bars accordingly until you reach the same height. can anyone tell me if this is possible? cheers, huey

yes , you are correct .I think it would be adviseable to fit slightly longer shocks , but I am sure the standard ones will be OK .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I'm running mine on original shocks and roughtrax +2" rear springs, with the torsion bars wound up. Only did the torsion bars a couple of weeks back though.

For the first few days the front end went absolutely rock solid when i did the torsion bars, but 700k and a good offroading session and it seems to have settled and softened up a bit.

When it was first done it felt as though the back wanted to tuck in on corners, like the front was staying level and the back wanted to roll, whether this has setled or i've got used to it i don't know, but i don't notice it anymore.

The rear springs from roughtrax seem ok but it might be worth considering following bushwacker's lead with the landcruiser springs, they're a just over half the price of the roughtrax ones. But you may well have to fabricate drop bracket's for the panhard rod and load sensing valve on the rear axle.

To adjust the torsion bars the adjuster bolts are about level wih the front door handles under the truck one on each side, turn clockwise to lift. Mine took 9 turns to level up. I have read anything from 8 - 20 turns on here though.

The general concesus for lifting standard torsion bars seems to be go to a maximum of 1 - 1.5", after this you apparently put a lot of wear and strain on drivetrain components. It also seems to be worth lubricating the adjusters for several days before you plan to do the deed.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Working...
      X