overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheating

ok so i bought a surf today its proper cheap so i dont mind spending a few quid on her. she overheated after about 20 miles of coming home from the guy i bought her off. theres no contamination of the water or oil. its also stood for about 6 months before i bought it. any suggestions?
    cheers
    665 the neighbour of the beast

Originally posted by 227angrydonkeys
    ok so i bought a surf today its proper cheap so i dont mind spending a few quid on her. she overheated after about 20 miles of coming home from the guy i bought her off. theres no contamination of the water or oil. its also stood for about 6 months before i bought it. any suggestions?
    cheers
    give the coolant a change and a good flush thru change the thermostat and rad cap too.when filling the coolant back up have both blowers on hot and set to fast
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

im on the case my man. thanks for that. i think the fanny magnet might be broken as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        give the coolant a change and a good flush thru change the thermostat and rad cap too.when filling the coolant back up have both blowers on hot and set to fast
        If you say to put the fans on fast you'll have Nev on your case again.....

If it's been stood for a while the thermostat might be jammed up I suppose. But, yeah, like Richard said, flush it through and that.

Comment

im on the case my man. thanks for that. i think the fanny magnet might be broken as well.
          The fanny magnet doesn't function in the old 2.4s. Not in mine anyway.

Comment

i had it set wrong in my last car, i hit 3 pheasants

Comment

Welcome to the mad world of Surfism.

Check the radiator fins for mud too if she has been off road.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                The fanny magnet doesn't function in the old 2.4s. Not in mine anyway.
                In my 2.4, the fanny magnet drives the Surf.

Comment

ok so i bought a surf today its proper cheap.....................its also stood for about 6 months before i bought it. any suggestions?
                  cheers
                  humm, 2 BIG clues!

A cracked head won't normally smoke (apart from white smoke sometimes when starting up) or contaminate the oil.

I'd get the head tested first to save days of messing around trying all the little things.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    If you say to put the fans on fast you'll have Nev on your case again.....

Nev

Comment

overheating

Hi Angry Donkeys,
                      I think you can safely assume the head is gone and already been confirmed/tested by the previous owner.
                      Not many people throw money away these days and you aquired the beast at an incredible price! Nevertheless, get the cooling system tested and if the rest of the vehicle is good get a new head and you`ll still have a low investment.
                      cheers,
                      chris