Low Oil Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Oil Pressure

I run a '92 2.4 TD and in the last few weeks the oil pressure seems to have dropped. The oil was a bit low but ive topped it up and today noticed the guage reading even lower.
    On the motorway the needle gets just over half way and when at idle it sits in the middle of the far left and the first line. I think this is too low
    If it is, what should it read when idling?
    Any ideas what could be wrong, Head gasket, faulty pressure sensor?

Any help much appreciated

Originally posted by googlethorpe
    I run a '92 2.4 TD and in the last few weeks the oil pressure seems to have dropped. The oil was a bit low but ive topped it up and today noticed the guage reading even lower.
    On the motorway the needle gets just over half way and when at idle it sits in the middle of the far left and the first line. I think this is too low
    If it is, what should it read when idling?
    Any ideas what could be wrong, Head gasket, faulty pressure sensor?

Any help much appreciated
    sounds ok to me
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
      sounds ok to me

Sounds Ok to me to

Double weekly post of Tony's now most used pic
      Attached Files
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

yep

nothing wrong with that m8
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Your oil pressure reading sounds in the 'normal range' to me. At high revs mine doesn't go much past halfway- but at low revs it doesn't drop below 1/4 either.

If in doubt it is worthwhile clearing out your oilways each oil change by using an engine flush compound before each oil change to loosen some of the sludge. Also put a new oil filter in each oil change as if you've got a 'sludgy' engine it will become quickly blocked and reduce oil pressure. We recommend an oil/filter change about every 5000Km to diesel Surfers. After a few flush/filter/oil changes your oilways will be much better for it!

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like yours is pretty normal.

This i roughly what mine does
            Attached Files
            [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Working...
            X