$$$$$$ rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$$$$ rear window

Ok the $$$$$$ rear windowe on the tail gate of the surf has died so i thought ok ill read the forum see what people say. Ok read the forum and though ok new motor as it turned but when i stripped it out it was corroded to hell. So phoned around some places to get a quote for a new rear window motor and £75.00 was the cheapest i could find. Sod that i thought so off to the s$$$$py and theyre i found a corrolla so grabbed the spanner and hammer and attacked the drivers door great it had the motor took it out. Cursed realised it was the wrong side. So opened the passenger door sliced my knuckle smashed my hand in but found the motor . So took the motor home then played ok how do i put the motor in when i cant open the door so finally managed to install the motor more skinned knuckles and bruised fingers but i know have a WINDOW THAT MOVES yay.
    works from internal switch and goes up with key but not down im guessing from reading the site that it needs micro switches in the kety barrel. So if any one has done this and can tell me how please.

Sorry for the long post but im so pleased i know as much about spanners as i do about quantum physics and i fixed it

ahh a fellow geordie!!!!! alreet fella? Dont know about your motor, but i have had a few probs with back window and lashings of wd40 sorted it!!
    What comes around goes around!!

Comment

hi.....just make sure all the runners in side the tailgate are well greased up and i think its silicone spray to go in the rubbers either side of the window but give the rubbers a good clean out first
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X