No announcement yet.

need 2 more jobs to afford this surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need 2 more jobs to afford this surf...

very peed off with surf as nothing seems to work on it and at this rate would have been cheaper to put a sopping V8 in the fcuking thing.

so next on list if anyone can help....

INJECTORS for a 1st gen 2LT non efi, anyone know where i can get them from and at what prices?

cheers.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

If its any consolation for you , the 1st gen has the more basic diesel set up so less to go wrong . The diesel systm has less electric gubbings to go wrong , be grearful no ECU , air flow meters , etc can be big money .
    As for injectors , try Yellow Pages for Garage Services , Bosch/LucasCav agents . They are very good and reliable round here and nationwide so should be a local one to you . Cost upto £120 for a full service on injectors. Some do an exchange service so you can drop off yours and walk away with a set to fit right away so less time off the road .
    Good luck.
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

So you have tracked the problem down to the injectors then?
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

not really, just going to do everything possible til the thing is gleaming new!

injectors and timing before an engine rebuild.

not enjoying the surf 1 bit at the moment and still don't know if i can be bothered to do anything else, haven't even started it up since last week. i know for a fact the reason i didn't get rid months ago is down to the banter and interest in the forum, if it was a paj*** or something it would definately be in the crusher by now!

Comment

It might be a lot of work, but I'm still envious. I ain't got a first gen.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            It might be a lot of work, but I'm still envious. I ain't got a first gen.
            NEITHER HAVE I!!!! It's just a nice looking skip on wheels at the moment!

Comment

Working...
            X