yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vac Pipes, Brakes and Starting Issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vac Pipes, Brakes and Starting Issues...

Hi, I have a Japanese 1992 LN130 2.4 Turbo. I have just fitted a new head and recon vac pump.

I now have a few issues, when I pump the brake pedal the brake light still comes on, even though I changed the vac pump?

The engine does not like starting, especially from cold?

And when it does start there is a load of black smoke, then it runs fine.

I am also noticing a slight lack of power and its using more fuel?

Any ideas?

I have looked at the vac diagrams on this site but the tech ones don't match my engine?

Thanks.

The brake warning light on the dash is also linked to the float in the fluid reservoir, sometimes it sticks, indicating that the brake fluid is low.

Difficult starting from cold normally means the glowplugs are knackered, or the glowplug fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay has blown.

For the lack of power issue, check the large rubber hoses that come from the air cleaner to the turbo, sometimes the convoluted hose can split.

Comment

Thanks Bushwhacker, but the brake fluid float is fine and the light only comes on if I pump the pedal.

It had new glow plugs when the head was changed.

I also put on a replacment air intake pipe as the old one was split.

I think it may be the vac system thats not connected correctly, but all the pics on this site are not the same as mine, they show extra vavles or the metal splitter pipes are in a different place?

Comment

Can you take some pictures of your pipe setup. We can double
        check against one of ours.

Comment

Does the pedal go hard when the light comes on?
          What comes around goes around!!

Comment

Thanks for the replys, iv been away for the weekend.
            Anyway, I will try and take some pics of the vac pipes, but some run under the engine.

Gazbo: The pedal does go hard, but it also fades during normal use, Im not losing any brake fluid, so it must be vaccum im losing?

Comment

Originally posted by CopperCircle
              Thanks for the replys, iv been away for the weekend.
              Anyway, I will try and take some pics of the vac pipes, but some run under the engine.

Gazbo: The pedal does go hard, but it also fades during normal use, Im not losing any brake fluid, so it must be vaccum im losing?
              IIRC, the way to check the vacuum is as follows. With the engine off, pump the brake pedal 4 or 5 times. With each pump the pedal should get stiffer. On the last pump, hold the pedal down, and start the engine. The pedal should then gently sink a bit. If it does all that then all should be good.

However, I'm no mechanical expert, so may be wrong on this.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

The vac pipes that go down underneath are for the A.D.D.
                Check for loose or disconnected vac pipes near the fusebox in the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                  IIRC, the way to check the vacuum is as follows. With the engine off, pump the brake pedal 4 or 5 times. With each pump the pedal should get stiffer. On the last pump, hold the pedal down, and start the engine. The pedal should then gently sink a bit. If it does all that then all should be good.

However, I'm no mechanical expert, so may be wrong on this.
                  You are correct.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                  X