Originally posted by MattF
    Naff gauge design.
    ??????

Comment

Originally posted by Surfin' Canada
      ??????
      Sorry. I may have preened the response a bit too much. The
      inaccuracy. It is due to a naff design of the original gauge. It has
      an intentional deadspot temperature range.

Comment

No I knew what it was you were referring to but I don't know what naff means!! Haha! Sorry if this is a common saying but I've never head it before and don't know what it means.
        But anyways, your saying that its not the sensor location but it is infact the gauge itself? So replacing the gauge will help.

Comment

No I knew what it was you were referring to but I don't know what naff means!! Haha! Sorry if this is a common saying but I've never head it before and don't know what it means.
          But anyways, your saying that its not the sensor location but it is infact the gauge itself? So replacing the gauge will help.
          Sorry once again. Get a seperate temp gauge and sensor. You'll have
          a proper indication of what exactly is happening then. Naff = rubbish/poor.
          The gauge is usually designed to work with a specific type of sensor, so
          get the gauge and sensor. There is a spare blanked off hole in the thermo
          housing that you can mount the sensor into.

Comment

Thanks alot for the help! I'll install it first thing tomorrow. Now I just need to find a good place to install the gauge in the dash!!!! (that will definately be the hardest part!)

Comment

Naff

The word Naff was invented by the writers of "porridge" coz the convicts couldn't use the "F" word on the BBC...............tiz true I tell you!

Naff off widey...............
              Don't call me love, its not my name!!

Comment

Originally posted by widey
                The word Naff was invented by the writers of "porridge" coz the convicts couldn't use the "F" word on the BBC...............tiz true I tell you!

Naff off widey...............
                Another true classic.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Sorry. I may have preened the response a bit too much. The
                  inaccuracy. It is due to a naff design of the original gauge. It has
                  an intentional deadspot temperature range.

Gauges on 2.4 do seem a bit sluggish BUT why on earth would Toyota INTENTIONALLY have a deadspot??Where did this info come from??

Comment

Originally posted by dsedin
                    Gauges on 2.4 do seem a bit sluggish BUT why on earth would Toyota INTENTIONALLY have a deadspot??Where did this info come from??
                    Can't remember the exact reasoning, but literally, whilst ever the
                    temperature is within the preferred operating temp range, the gauge
                    reading will be almost static. Only when it reaches a threshold will it
                    start rising again. Probably to stop people panicking.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

She made it!!!! I pulled back into my hometown of Calgary last night without a hint of trouble from the Surf! Didn't have to top up the coolant once, put just a drop of oil in it before heading back and didn't have a single problem with it overheating. Am I ever relieved. The trip was awsome too, I got to go surfing, saw some of the most beautiful scenery on the Oregon coast and got to go dune buggying and quading on some sand dunes!!!!
                        If any of you ever find yourself close enough I definately recomend taking a trip to the Oregon coast in the USA. As beautiful as BritishColumbia is here in Canada its just not the same!
                        So for now I'm off to work and then I have to do an oil change!!!

Comment

She made it!!!! I pulled back into my hometown of Calgary last night without a hint of trouble from the Surf! Didn't have to top up the coolant once, put just a drop of oil in it before heading back and didn't have a single problem with it overheating. Am I ever relieved. The trip was awsome too, I got to go surfing, saw some of the most beautiful scenery on the Oregon coast and got to go dune buggying and quading on some sand dunes!!!!
                          If any of you ever find yourself close enough I definately recomend taking a trip to the Oregon coast in the USA. As beautiful as BritishColumbia is here in Canada its just not the same!
                          So for now I'm off to work and then I have to do an oil change!!!

where's the pics then?
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I had my head done by stevo and after going up long hills i mean long hill 4 miles on the M62 to leeds the truck still gor real hot not in the red but very close took it back to stevo no problem he looked at it and found it was the rad 4 or 5 of the water veins where not the air ones got a new rad the trucks been great.

I had give the rad a good cleaning out but it still got all blocked up inside i think this is whats doing the heads in
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
                            X