jets?? see also strange and baffled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jets?? see also strange and baffled

This problem I have of having the revs high 2000 otherwise truck cuts out I thought it was electrical but now I don't think so...I think its a blocked jet..got into truck this morning and it started to labour and smoke..I put some Millers Power pluss to give jets a clean, Boy the smoke ..the village nearly got up a lynching party, maybe its me but I was sold millers power+ in shop instead of redex..maybe redex is better?

anyway now it seems the revs have to go higher up to 2500 or else it fades and the truck is ok while its accelerating, but as soon as i release gas it labours and smokes, but at 2500 it seems to hold...is there a mixture control on my surf 2.4 turbo diesel 1990? do jets get worn out?, if so are they easy to replace? ...so many questions..would appreciate help as going on holiday soon with Kids

Thanks Shiny

Err - don't think diesels HAVE jets.

Could be the injectors are bunged up, in which case the recommended procdure seems to be to put a full bottle of Redex into quarter of a tank, then thrash the wotsits off it!
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Just dump half the bottle of your Miller's into it and follow
      the instructions usually mentioned on the forum. Drive it
      like you stole it. If the injectors are blocked, that should
      sort them. Miller's is supposed to be as good as, possibly
      slightly better than, Redex at cr*p removal.

Comment

Working...
      X