Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falconer
    Recieved a set today off ebay with just under 125,000 on them
    But there is no hole for a cable and they look from the front exactley like mine.

That's the electronic speedo the same as mine. Just four multiplugs and no cable.

Comment

• Thanks vince but i do hope mine is the same at the back as these, now i have baught them as i said the front looks exactley the same??
      Suppose i won't know now till they come off.
      Regards
      Kev.
      2.4 black beast

Comment

• Just thaught i have got a bl**dy lot of work cut out
        What with fitting a fuel cat, and then clocks and now pump seals
        Hope nothing else goes wrong for a long long time now.
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

• Just think of what a reliable piece of kit she'll be when she's done, though.

Comment

• Sally

Hi all
            I am new to forum. I bought my 2.4TD surf in july this year. Since then it has been of the road 5 weeks with cylinder head, back on the road for about a month. Nearly 6 weeks ago gear box blew. Could't find another one anywhere, so i've sent my to be reconditioned. STILL WAITING. I am gutted I bought it because we live in rural west wales. We get serious snow each year. This year I was determined to get a 4x4. I wanted a Jeep Cheroque. Boyfriend talked me into buying the surf. Belive me, we have had some serious arguments since. I love my Surf, can anyone reassure they are worth it once all the faults have been fixed. I don't want to sell it for someone else to get the benefit of me spending out on fixing it. Oh yeh my cylinder head cost £600 from Miliner Off Road in Bristol. Boyfriend fitted it. It took 20 hours labour and a million cups of tea. So yes I think most garages rip people off.

Comment

• Originally posted by sab424
              Hi all
              I am new to forum. I bought my 2.4TD surf in july this year. Since then it has been of the road 5 weeks with cylinder head, back on the road for about a month. Nearly 6 weeks ago gear box blew. Could't find another one anywhere, so i've sent my to be reconditioned. STILL WAITING. I am gutted I bought it because we live in rural west wales. We get serious snow each year. This year I was determined to get a 4x4. I wanted a Jeep Cheroque. Boyfriend talked me into buying the surf. Belive me, we have had some serious arguments since. I love my Surf, can anyone reassure they are worth it once all the faults have been fixed. I don't want to sell it for someone else to get the benefit of me spending out on fixing it. Oh yeh my cylinder head cost £600 from Miliner Off Road in Bristol. Boyfriend fitted it. It took 20 hours labour and a million cups of tea. So yes I think most garages rip people off.
              Hi and welcome Sab.Once you have got the problems sorted you will thoroughly enjoy the surf.You were just one of the unfortunate ones where you ended up having to pay out more than you expected but once you get it back on the road make sure it has a bloomin good service oil,oil filter fuel filter and make sure the cooling system has been thoroughly burped to get all the air out and you ought to renew the thermostat and rad cap just to make sure they are ok.
              So just enjoy it and fingers crossed any more probs will only be small
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

• Believe me, once it's sorted and your driving round in it, you'll wonder why
                you ever asked that question. You may have had bad luck upto just, but
                your friend did you a service. You'll see the light soon. All the best and
                welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X