• Show
Clear All

• F**king Surfs

Since i baught it things keep going wrong
    First of all it wanted new injectors
    Then wanted new thermostat
    Then new temp sensor
    Then rocker cover gasket went
    Also oil leaking from back of turbo from somewhere running down some metal pipes
    New rocker cover gasket fitted but oil still running from back of turbo.
    so decided to do some searching on forum and come up with the idea it might be oil passing through air duct into turbo, so decided to try making some sort of catch can and trying it out and went for a run come back and popped bonnet
    Rocker gasket gone AGAIN?????
    Oil still leaking down back of turbo and I’m seriously $$$$*d off now and fell like taking a sledge hammer to it.
    Only had car a year and paid £4000 for it from a dealer with no warranty although they don’t mean anything.
    Why does my gasket keep going??
    Anyone know why oil running down back of turbo??
    Cos i sure dont.
    kev.
    Regards
    Kev.
    2.4 black beast

I seem to remember that the rocker cover has a filter / breather built into the back of it beneath where the pipe attaches - is it possible that this is blocked?
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

if the oil is running down the turbo's oil feed/return pipes then possibly oil seals in turbo going or the little gasket that connects these pipes to the turbo gone, or maybe slightly loose? see if you can get a slight turn on them, they're 10mm or 12mm.

check the pipe from turbo to inlet housing, if no excessive oil then probably won't be turbo seals themselves...which would be good.

did you actually remove the new rocker gasket and make sure deffo split?

if not maybe just crud stuck to the mating areas not allowing for a good seal.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
        if the oil is running down the turbo's oil feed/return pipes then possibly oil seals in turbo going or the little gasket that connects these pipes to the turbo gone, or maybe slightly loose? see if you can get a slight turn on them, they're 10mm or 12mm.

check the pipe from turbo to inlet housing, if no excessive oil then probably won't be turbo seals themselves...which would be good.

did you actually remove the new rocker gasket and make sure deffo split?

if not maybe just crud stuck to the mating areas not allowing for a good seal.
        The last rocker gasket wasn't split as i suspect this one isnt but its leaking oil from the ront lef hand side of the rocker cover

Turbo $$$$$$ hard to get round no room
        Regards
        Kev.
        2.4 black beast

Comment

remove whatever heat shielding you may have, thats enough to free up the room i need to get to mine, do you have anything else in the way?

they're tricky to get to with the turbo still on it, but then again, removing and refitting is easy enough, heck if i can do it??? and i've done it about 4 times now!!!!

Comment

pity you dont live local then lol
            But seriously i havnt got a clue there only certen thing i will attempt to do myself and from what people have said turbo's are not for people who dont know what they are doing
            Regards
            Kev.
            2.4 black beast

Comment

Forgot to mention the gaskets i have been using are rubber ones from milners are they any good??
              Does anyone know of another sort or does evryone use the milners one.
              Regards
              Kev.
              2.4 black beast

Comment

honestly mate i've never touched a turbo in my life but the removal/refitting guide is so good you can't go wrong. its only internal inspection that is rocket science stuff.

basically all you need to do is remove water feeds, unbolt from manifold and exhaust, unboult oil feeds and it lifts out.

do a search for the guide in this section, read through it, then go look around turbo and you'll see how easy it is.

the only thing i did for reassurance was sprayed loads of that bolt releaser stuff on manifold and exhaust bolts first

Comment

Originally posted by falconer
                  Forgot to mention the gaskets i have been using are rubber ones from milners are they any good??
                  Does anyone know of another sort or does evryone use the milners one.
                  i ordered one from there and didn't expect a rubber one as the one on there looks like those flat ?fibre/metally? thingys, but luckily rocker only needed a bit of a tightening to stop the small leak i had there.

i think in future you may want to try roughtrax i think general consensus seems to be their products are of a better quality (plus i've had 2 occasions with milners couriers being absolutely sh1te)

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                    honestly mate i've never touched a turbo in my life but the removal/refitting guide is so good you can't go wrong. its only internal inspection that is rocket science stuff.

basically all you need to do is remove water feeds, unbolt from manifold and exhaust, unboult oil feeds and it lifts out.

do a search for the guide in this section, read through it, then go look around turbo and you'll see how easy it is.

the only thing i did for reassurance was sprayed loads of that bolt releaser stuff on manifold and exhaust bolts first
                    Thanks mate will wd40 be o.k
                    Hopfull here is a pic but cant remember if its right way up.
                    Regards
                    Kev.
                    2.4 black beast

Comment

wd40's good but i used some stuff from halfords called 3in1 penetrant spray which is made by same people who do wd40 but really gets into any rust. last thing you want anywhere round that area is nuts rounding off.

nuts on manifold are 14mm as are the 3 on exhaust. you'll need 10mm and 12mm sockets/spanners as well for the oil and water feeds etc, can't remember off hand the exact size for each one. i done the feeds first then the exhaust and then the manifold.

Comment

Dont expect to much camara phone pic
                        Attached Files
                        Regards
                        Kev.
                        2.4 black beast

Comment

another shot
                          Attached Files
                          Regards
                          Kev.
                          2.4 black beast

Comment

you aint going to get a job as a paparazzi photographer are ya?!?!?
                            that looks like the oil feed/returns (feed is large one) you will need to unbolt the feeds before trying to pull turbo out coz its difficult to reach where they feed from and to with the turbo in place, especially the return

Comment

take it back, the 2nd pic aint too bad!!

Comment

Working...
                              X