Still lumpy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still lumpy??

Was having problems gettin my Surf started,once it fired up is runs a little lumpy for a few seconds till i get the rev's up. then it's fine. Just had glow plugs done so cant be that.

Any ideas anyone???????????

Cheers
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

mine does it to and is loooooooads worse on veg.
    maybe something to do with lack of engine compression someone said?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      mine does it to and is loooooooads worse on veg.
      maybe something to do with lack of engine compression someone said?
      I'm not on veg. When it does fire up theres a puff of smoke then it doesn't miss a beat and when ran during the day i don't have the problem untill it's been sittin for over 6 hours??? Is it air gettin in somewhere???

Comment

sounds just like mine - does it only when cold briefly but like you say rev it up and it clears and is fine. oddly, i didnt rev it today and stuck the truck in reverse but didnt move for a few secs and it conked out on the drive!
        im not too fussed about it but will be interested as to what the prob could be.

the thing I love about my Surf.... it always needs something doing but until then it will cope just fine
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Never a dull moment!!!!

I was hoping to get a Body lift done,but in past month it's been one thing after another. New head,filters,glow plugs. At least Surf will be like new and ready to MOD to the max

I've booked into garage for Monday,so i'll let you know the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
            Was having problems gettin my Surf started,once it fired up is runs a little lumpy for a few seconds till i get the rev's up. then it's fine. Just had glow plugs done so cant be that.

Any ideas anyone???????????

Cheers

Dirty injectors maybe?
            Is the glowplug fuse o.k.?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Dirty injectors maybe?
              Is the glowplug fuse o.k.?
              Hi Bushwacker,
              Stuck a half bottle of redex into 1/8th of a tank and took it out a run until empty tank light came on. Stuck 10lt diesel in and other half of bottle. Started better this morning .Just going to run till empty again then see how things are.

Cancelled the garage for Monday

Light for glow plugs still comes on in dash. Only for about 3 seconds though,this ok????

Cheers

Comment

Still having probs starting in the morning.Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrg ggggghhh!!!!

Thought the redex had done the trick,but sadly not.
                Checked fuse for glow plugs and seems fine since the windows are off same fuse(according to my owners manual).

Any more ideas anyone, could it be air gettin drawn in,timing..????

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                  Still having probs starting in the morning.Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrg ggggghhh!!!!

Thought the redex had done the trick,but sadly not.
                  Checked fuse for glow plugs and seems fine since the windows are off same fuse(according to my owners manual).

Any more ideas anyone, could it be air gettin drawn in,timing..????

Cheers
                  crikey, mines doing exact same thing as yours smithsurf! seems i'm about a week behind you down here in cornwall - i guess it takes that long for the vibes to reach here. first you had the head go, then i did, then you get the rough start, now me...

i've been keeping an eye on this thread with interest...i assumed it was my plugs...but you say you;ve had yours switched...guess i can live with it for now!
                  problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhooked
                    crikey, mines doing exact same thing as yours smithsurf! seems i'm about a week behind you down here in cornwall - i guess it takes that long for the vibes to reach here. first you had the head go, then i did, then you get the rough start, now me...

i've been keeping an eye on this thread with interest...i assumed it was my plugs...but you say you;ve had yours switched...guess i can live with it for now!

I'm learning to live with mine as well. Until i get an idea of whats wrong.

Just got bill in for fittin new head......£350!!! So aint willing to put into garage for them to charge for hours of fault finding.

Mind you did get a pair of 2" lift springs to cheer myself up. At least it will look good in the drive when it's struggling to start

I'll keep you informed

Comment

I had same problem in my merc.
                      I noticed it parked nose-up-hill overnight. next morning it took ages to start, but once done, was fine.
                      turned out i had a slight fuel leak letting air into the pipe, and it drained the fuel back into the tank.
                      well, thats what they said. park it level or downhill and it starts first time every time.
                      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster
                        I had same problem in my merc.
                        I noticed it parked nose-up-hill overnight. next morning it took ages to start, but once done, was fine.
                        turned out i had a slight fuel leak letting air into the pipe, and it drained the fuel back into the tank.
                        well, thats what they said. park it level or downhill and it starts first time every time.

Strange that. It does seem to start slightly better facing down a slight slope at the side of my house!!!!!!! Thought it was me just being daft. If i buy a set of ramps i could reverse up them every night

I'll check it out,Cheers

Comment

legendgamesmaster that makes good sense - i always park facing up the hill too

interestingly enough - i also noticed the small black pipe running from the injector pump to the injectors was ever so slightly leaking where it had become brittle. you could diesel on the pump casing. have replaced this so will see tomorrow how it starts then, as ideally there would be no air getting in or summat
                          problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

interestingly enough - i also noticed the small black pipe running from the injector pump to the injectors was ever so slightly leaking where it had become brittle. you could diesel on the pump casing. have replaced this so will see tomorrow how it starts then, as ideally there would be no air getting in or summat

Hey.
                            Was just checkin under the bonnet today and could see diesel around the injector closest to the front of vehicle,where the rubber pipe joins on to metal pipe.....snap.
                            Took it to garage and their gonna take it in on monday to sort it free of charge since it's happened after head was fitted

Here's hoping

Comment

Hey skyhooked,hows your truck behaving??

Got mine back from garage,seems to have been diesel leakin from the washers on the injectors. So they've been cleaned up. Just need to wait till morning to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X