Heavy Rubber Smell when Braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Rubber Smell when Braking

Can anyone put my mind at rest - just had front pads replaced 2 weeks ago and yesterday on braking down steep hills they were stinking (really stinking) of rubber. I know they might smell a bit at first, for a few hours i thought, when bedding in but this was gaining looks and pinched noses from passerbys! It also seemed like they were softer and less responsive?

Whats the diagnosis chaps? Any help much appreciated...

where are the pads from?
    theres a great speed camera near me down a slip road from the north circular which takes some slowing down and mine stink then but i really am hauling it up quickly. normally its not a problem.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by smadamij
      Can anyone put my mind at rest - just had front pads replaced 2 weeks ago and yesterday on braking down steep hills they were stinking (really stinking) of rubber. I know they might smell a bit at first, for a few hours i thought, when bedding in but this was gaining looks and pinched noses from passerbys! It also seemed like they were softer and less responsive?

Whats the diagnosis chaps? Any help much appreciated...
      cant ever remember any of my pads smelling like rubber but they can tend to smell when new for deff!! how many miles have you done in them since change they will feel softer/spongy for maybe 100 miles or more depending on where you got the pads from!! just have a look round where you have been working and check al is ok!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
      X