Rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window

Well, I took some advice from the forum and got a pal of mine to help me swap the rear passenger window motor for the tailgate motor.
    It fits fine and works perfectly,bearing in mind it has never worked since i've had it, it's quite a luxury!!!
    I can live without the r/pass. window for now, until i source a replacement motor.
    The recon alternator from toyota is now fitted and also works well.

When I bought my surf, it had I think, due to the previous owners lack of on going maintenance,got beyond economical repair for him/her.
    But because of the help & advice on this forum this surf may yet recover.
    So although the surf's by no means perfect, its on its way to recovery.

By the way , took it off road for the first time the other day, it performed very well, without complaint into and out of two foot deep mud and water.

I'm quite impressed with it.
    Last edited by plumb bob; 28 May 2006, 23:08.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

I spent a couple of hours prepping a custom exahust for my Surf yesterday. The previous one had become oval at the end due to it getting bashed when dropping off ledges, while playing off road. It had also rusted through on the bend over the rear axle. I welded it all up and fitted it today, with a side exit just behind the rear n/s mud flap, saving myself a small fortune in the process. I left the small back box off and reckon it is quieter without it.

Last weekend I fixed the tailgate window motor. Tomorrow I am going to change the oil, oil filter, air filter, diesel filter and grease me nipples. I will lob a bottle of injection cleaner into a quarter of a tank of diesel and give it a good thrash up and down the A6 in preperation for the MOT on Tuesday.
    I had never done much spanner wielding before I got the Surf but this forum gave me the confidence to have a go.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
    X