sticky pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticky pedal

probably been asked before but my clutch pedal is soft in pressure did bleed it already and it was slightly better but now when you depress the pedal it sticks about two thirds from the top then jumps back also when I tried bleeding it I expected the pedal to rise back up itself whilst the bleed screw was open but it didn`t it stayed hard to the floor and had to be brought back up by hand. The clutch bites well and doesn`t slip so it sounds good but not sure about slave or master cylinders any advice appreciated. eck

Originally posted by eck
    probably been asked before but my clutch pedal is soft in pressure did bleed it already and it was slightly better but now when you depress the pedal it sticks about two thirds from the top then jumps back also when I tried bleeding it I expected the pedal to rise back up itself whilst the bleed screw was open but it didn`t it stayed hard to the floor and had to be brought back up by hand. The clutch bites well and doesn`t slip so it sounds good but not sure about slave or master cylinders any advice appreciated. eck
    You need a new Master cylinder , but to be honest , you should change the Slave at the same time as the fluid will be degradded by the rubber breaking down in the Master cylinder so you could end up changing the Slave later on .
    New Master , new Slave , new fluid , job done
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X