No announcement yet.

overheating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i can say is i agree with the above post. mines gone, it still drives though and you wouldnt notice - you just cant tell with eyeball checks

get the gas test. its really not that bad!

what aftermarket options are there to keep these things cool once you've had the head replaced?

i;ve heard about the 82 deg stat, do the bonnet scoops help? i see bushwacker has his fan on full - whats the fuel economy like with that mod ?

problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how beneficial is it dropping down
      to the 82 degree thermostat instead of using the 88?

Matt

(Please don't say six degrees).

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Just out of curiosity, how beneficial is it dropping down
        to the 82 degree thermostat instead of using the 88?

Matt

(Please don't say six degrees).
        edit - sorry matt just reread your post - you asked how beneficial not what benefit (as i tried to answer) - sorry mate dont know how beneficial it is - maybe someone reading this has made the swap can tell us both?

'parrently thats the prefered stat to drop in after the head has been swapped - i was told that it just lets the water into the rad a little earlier on so that the engine will run a little cooler

just what i was told, i genuinly know NOTHING about these trucks but the guy who told me knows his stuff
        problems? i'll take 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhooked
          edit - sorry matt just reread your post - you asked how beneficial not what benefit (as i tried to answer) - sorry mate dont know how beneficial it is - maybe someone reading this has made the swap can tell us both?

'parrently thats the prefered stat to drop in after the head has been swapped - i was told that it just lets the water into the rad a little earlier on so that the engine will run a little cooler

just what i was told, i genuinly know NOTHING about these trucks but the guy who told me knows his stuff
          No worries. I didn't see your unedited post. I fitted the 88 to mine,
          and just wondered whether it might be better to pop it out in favour of
          the 82. Cooler definitely seems better with these engines. Sod's
          law always says there will be a complementary converse effect,
          however, so just thought I'd ask first.

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X