Viscous Fan and Coupling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    I didnt bother with all that faffin' about, and drilled three holes all the way through the center of the coupling and used bolts with locking nuts to pemanetly fix the fan so it's always turning with the engine.
    Got any pics of that m8

Comment

Nope sorry, but here's one I've 'borrowed' from Laser-jock.....
      I seperated the two halves of the coupling, removed the center plate, gave it a wipe out, re-assembled it and drilled through the whole unit as indicated in the pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

That'll cost you in fuel consumption Vince. According to the blurb in the in Kelnow catalogue, the fan isn't needed 60% of the time, especially when cruising at over 50MPH. I think the WTG is Tony's twin electric fan idea and do away with the viscous fan altogether.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            That'll cost you in fuel consumption Vince. According to the blurb in the in Kelnow catalogue, the fan isn't needed 60% of the time, especially when cruising at over 50MPH. I think the WTG is Tony's twin electric fan idea and do away with the viscous fan altogether.
            Electrics will never be as reliable, though.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil

Yeah, I thought about that, but having fitted mud tyres the economy went out the window anyway!
              I've regained some though by removing all the air con and side steps, (saves weight) fitting bonnet vents so air flows through the engine bay rather than being gobbled up by it, and by raising the rear of the truck to aid in aerodynamics...........so I think I've just about levelled the score.

Comment

Is this the correct oil???
                http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/spar...91&catcode=324
                If so, anyone know how the price compares to that of Toyotas silicon oil.

Comment

The original Toyota bottles have 3000Cst on them, so I'd say its the same weight oil.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    The original Toyota bottles have 3000Cst on them, so I'd say its the same weight oil.
                    Thank~you Tony

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                      i deal with premier toyota in llandudno junction all the time never a prob the service manager has an old 2.4 hilux himself, i got my silicone oil from them and the std toyota fan is not sealed, well not on all the ones i have seen
                      Funny that, LOL, because since I've been using them the service manager has always been a girl...called Tanya!

Comment

Working...
                      X