clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking

anyone know what a loud clicking could be on my surf it comes from the front wheel areas when turning full lock the cv joints have been replaced but I don`t know much about this automatic disconnecting diff could it be this please help before it brakes cos I do like my surf to be on the road or off you see what I mean.

Three words. Steering end stops. This is one of the most frequently asked questions on here.

Here, I did the search for you mate -

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ring+End+Stops

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Have a look at the FAQs section and introduce yourself to the search facility. Have fun in your Surf and be prepared for the aching jaw that comes from grinning every time you drive it.
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 14 May 2006, 16:55.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

and put your vehicle details up, it helps the clever ones on here to answer any queries you have. They need to know if its 2.4, or 3l First Second Third gen petrol diesel all that stuff.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by eck
        anyone know what a loud clicking could be on my surf it comes from the front wheel areas when turning full lock the cv joints have been replaced but I don`t know much about this automatic disconnecting diff could it be this please help before it brakes cos I do like my surf to be on the road or off you see what I mean.

Wow, 2 steering stop puzzlers in one day from newcomers.

Welcome mate, get the grease out and all will be well.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Hi guys cheers for the info did it last night seems 2 have cured the problem noticed the wear on the actual stop and I can repair this easily amazin what a bit lubrication can do. By the way it`s a 93 2.4 burgandy over grey ssr-g, its in very good nick with only 62500 miles on the clock but Im not sellin took me long enough to pick this one up.

Comment

Working...
          X