noisy engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noisy engine

Hi there, I've got a bad noise coming from the top of the engine,the oil pressure is on the low side and all this happend all of a sudden driving on the motor way.Could be the oil pump or the timing belt slipped a tooth? Thanks

T/belt wouldn't affect oil pressure. Could be the cam bearings if its at the top.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Well, it looks like I’ll have to look for a new engine. Any idea where I could fine one at reasonable price?

Comment

depends on what surf you have, but there's a guy on ebay selling engines 2LT and 2LTE £750 buy it now...don't know if thats any use to you.

or ask TonyN he not far from you, he should be able to sort something for you one way or another OR Stevo if you just need new head and then get TonyN to fit it...you never know your luck, get him to look at it may not be as bad as you think.

my engine makes a noise when its running but pretty quiet when turned off...sorry
        Last edited by logey79; 9 May 2006, 12:02.
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Got it in the garage. So,.. god help me.. I'll let you know how it goes,. if it still will..lol

Comment

Working...
          X