Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo

With myself been new to the Hi lux I did not realise that the turbo light came on Anyway after reading this link on here http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/turboboostfix.htm

I realised that all the symptoms are exactly the same as I have. Has anyone by passed the high pressure switch before ? I really want to give it ago but a little scared I break something ! I have phoned toyota and ordered a new one but its going to take a week to get it ! Any thoughts on doing this ?

Cheers

Is your Surf a 2L-T or 2L-TE. This fix does not apply to the 2L-TE.

Nev

Comment

Yeah Ive just guessed that Just been over to have a look under the hood and its a different set up ! Looks like I will have to wait a week for the new switch !
      Last edited by beno; 5 May 2006, 12:17.

Comment

Wayhay found the part at a car breakers out in the sticks been and got it and fitted it and fcuking hell its like a different surf No more struggling up hills and great acceleration and all for a tenner

lol Heres me thinking the turbo light did not work and that they were sluggish up hills

Comment

just as a matter of interest how much do toyota charge for those switches?

Comment

The switches are £48 + Vat

Comment

Originally posted by beno
              The switches are £48 + Vat
              Wow, I've got 2 used ones that have just gone up in price!!
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X