where do i get the correct part ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i get the correct part ?

hi, i need 4 x right angled m6 grease nipples for my ball joints and the correct adaptor that screws on to the end of the grease gun that connects to the grease nipples. i have tried several places to get them with no luck and today i phoned a toyota dealer and they said that they didn't know that the 4runner/surf had grease nipples on the prop shafts !!
    does anybody know where i can obtain them ? the regular/standard adaptor that comes with grease guns is too small to fit on the grease nipples.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...les&category0=

Comment

none of them grease nipples are at right angles and i cant find the correct adaptor to fit them.

Comment

has anybody else had trouble with the correct fitment of the grease nipples ?
        are your grease nipples standard fit for the standard grease gun ? the standard adaptor that fits over the nipple is too small for my car, but various fitters and motor factors and also toyota have never heard of a bigger standard shape adaptor !!

Comment

mine are standard size only ever seen one size grease gun.

got a pic of what you mean?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

sorry got no pics , i mean that the grease nipples that are already attached to my prop shafts are too big for a standard adapter to fit over.

Comment

I think you would be better off getting a decent grease gun. My gun fits all my vehicles nipples, it only cost £12

Comment

where did you get it from vince???
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

From here

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product...5&r=2056&g=107

Cheaper than I remember though!

Comment

cheers vince
                    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i have just bought my grease gun ! and it wasn't cheap, the gun works perfectly its the end nozzle that doesn't fit !

Comment

What exactly do you mean by does not fit? Too small? Too big? Are you pushing the grease gun nozzle onto the grease nipple to get it to open up the internal jaws?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                          What exactly do you mean by does not fit? Too small? Too big? Are you pushing the grease gun nozzle onto the grease nipple to get it to open up the internal jaws?

Nev
                          Ditto what Nev says.....

Comment

I did say on the first page that i thought that the grease nipples were too big, but i was wrong.
                            i tried again today with a different grease gun and it worked no problem, the problem was that the jaws in my adaptor for the grease gun are stuck shut and don't move whatsoever, i only bought it 3 days ago !
                            thanks for everybodys input

Comment

Originally posted by white akita
                              I did say on the first page that i thought that the grease nipples were too big, but i was wrong.
                              i tried again today with a different grease gun and it worked no problem, the problem was that the jaws in my adaptor for the grease gun are stuck shut and don't move whatsoever, i only bought it 3 days ago !
                              thanks for everybodys input
                              Some new grease guns come with the type of nozzle that you can tighten the end so the jaws don't open, loosen the nozzle and it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X