Rough Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Running

Hi All, well I took my beastie on its first real run since the new head, and everything under the bonnet, and I was really impressed, I got about 26MPG, very little smoke, and it behaved itself (mostly), the fan came on 1 time on the motorway about 120KMH uphill, (is that normal)?? But the temp gauge moved to the middle, and thats exactly where it stayed, and when I got home, had something to eat, checked the water and oil after 170 miles, and it hasn't lost anything. COOL!!

Second, once it was warm, and I pulled up at a junction occasionally it ran well very strange, on tickover, it sounded like maybe an injector was playing up, almost if a cylinder wasn't working, then a touch on the gas, and it was smooth again, it seamed only when I was slowing down to stop, and it was left in drive, say at a roundabout for example, but it only happened a couple of times, anyone had that before ??

Third, I have just got under my beastie, and Oh man I need a new back exhaust pipe, any ideas where is a good place to get one ??

But apart from a couple of teathing probs, I was very impressed with it as its only a baby 2.4 TD
    Last edited by spans; 24 April 2006, 18:47.
Working...
X