Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo kicking in too early ?

Hi guys,
    I'm a newbie here, just gotmyself my first Hilux surf 2.4td a couple of weeks ago and loving it to bits, It's the first 4x4 I've owned so I'm not too familiar with whats right and wrong. The trucks running like a dream but I don't think I'm getting too good a mpg, I know the usual heavy foot etc doesn't help but apart from that my turbo's kicking in at 1800+ rpm, so its pretty much constantly on, is this the norm and is thsi where my juice is going ? If this isn't the norm could anyone give me some pointers ?

cheers guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered by the way,I looked back over loads of previous posts but couldn't see it.

Hi Newbie!
    The turbo comes 'in' at about 2000rpm or there abouts so yours is normal really. If it comes in sooner then thats a good thing IMHO. as you need the turbo spinning to get the truck moving up to speed.
    Your fuel consumption will go down slightly after the novelty has worn off and you stop 'flooring it' everywhere.

Comment

igot used to my novelty of 2 sets of washers for the turbo. taken them all out and ive never driven the surf standard like this before.... its SLOW! might be better on fuel though.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
      X