strange rad set up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange rad set up???

i can't find my rad cap...i don't mean i've dropped it, the rad is a sealed unit. never really paid attention to it until now. just finished going through rad connected threads on the forum and unless i'm even thicker than i thought (pleeeeeeeease say it aint so!!) nobody else seems to have this rad set up. it's not actually a problem i guess, but i would like to know why.

so please all you University of Surf graduates, please explain what system ihave and what potential problems it may cause me.

thank you.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Is your engine like this??

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/wor...thermostat.htm

Comment

guess i am thicker than i originally thought s'pose thats my rad cap then. i do apologise for my severe lack of brain cells thanks once again for your help sir....i am now off to the corner(once again)

Comment

Here is a pic of my old 2.4 engine - the rad cap for these is not actually on the rad but is visible over by the air filter tubing (yellow label on top of cap) with a big hose going from there to the rad itself.

Is yours nothing like this then? Or does it just have something hiding the cap?
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

oops - I see you replied already...
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

oops is right....go on laugh....no more blonde jokes for me! it is late though (that excuse aint gonna work is it?) DIYer beware

anyone got any intelligence for sale. all excepted, thank you!!

Comment

The reason the cap is not on the radiator and instead on the thermostat housing is because the radiator is in a lower position. If it was on the radiator an air lock would form in the higher section of thermostat housing and hose. The heater hoses to the heater matrix are higher as well so you have to be carefull you don't get an air lock in this section of the cooling system.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X