underslung spare wheel bar needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underslung spare wheel bar needed

i don't seem to have the bar/handle winder thing to turn the chain cog for the underslung spare wheel carrier on my surf. as a last resort i could get busy with the grinder and make up a different sort of carrier, but last resort only. does anyone have one they could sell me or know where they can be found. toyota have no idea what i'm talking about, but hey, they only made the f*****g thing...useless gits!!!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Here's a link to a bloke on e-bay, who has a couple of Surfs breaking at the moment.

Might be worth a phone call to him?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Have you tried asking here. http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Comment

You sure its not under the passenger seats with the jack? As it's used as the jack winder handle too - a longish rod with a hook one end and a square section for the seperate handle the other end.

Are you missing both the hooked rod AND the handle? I am missing the handle but just use a spanner instead.

Note that if you do find someone selling make sure the hooked rod is one complete section - I bought a replacement jack handle from milners (www.milneroffroad.com) for my old surf thinking that would do the trick but the rod is a two-part jobbie and becuase of the join it won't fit in the rear wheel winder hole in the bumper.
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
          You sure its not under the passenger seats with the jack? As it's used as the jack winder handle too - a longish rod with a hook one end and a square section for the seperate handle the other end.

Are you missing both the hooked rod AND the handle? I am missing the handle but just use a spanner instead.

Note that if you do find someone selling make sure the hooked rod is one complete section - I bought a replacement jack handle from milners (www.milneroffroad.com) for my old surf thinking that would do the trick but the rod is a two-part jobbie and becuase of the join it won't fit in the rear wheel winder hole in the bumper.
          checked under every seat in the wagon, lifted bits of carpet and checked in glove box and the 2 storage/light access/filler access compartments. i have the original toyota jack but neither rod. the jack is in the same compartment as the rear windscreen fluid res. and there are clip holders for the rods there but thats it cheers for the advice about getting the right one, i've tried bending all sorts of odds n sods today to make do but just can't seem to get it. i've also been soaking the carrier with wd40 coz it looks ancient (well it is 20 years old now!!!). the more i think about it i'm swaying to getting the grinder on the case and knock up a more simple carrier. cheers guys
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Working...
          X