Intercooler Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler Questions.

I have a top mounting intercooler in the garage that I got for next to nothing last year and just haven't got a round tuit. It came off a 2.5L Pa*ero.
    • Are there any special calculations required or would it be OK to suck it and see?
    • Would the ECU need to be re-mapped?
    • Do I need to fit any extra sensors?
    • More importantly, is there any chance of doing any damage?
    Thanks.
    It's only a hobby!

good man, i was about to ask this one... my bro in law is breaking a 406 turrbo diesel with an intercooler....it will be mine, oh yes..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No worries in doing any damage, but you may need to reset the ECU, (disconnect batteries or pull the 20amp fuse in the footwell fuse box) so that the fuel delivery matches the cooler/denser air going into the engine.
      Also, you'll need to fit an oil/air seperator so that the oil vapour coming from the rocker cover pipe doesn't get blown into the intercooler and reducing it's efficiency.
      See here for instructions......http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        No worries in doing any damage, but you may need to reset the ECU, (disconnect batteries or pull the 20amp fuse in the footwell fuse box) so that the fuel delivery matches the cooler/denser air going into the engine.
        Also, you'll need to fit an oil/air seperator so that the oil vapour coming from the rocker cover pipe doesn't get blown into the intercooler and reducing it's efficiency.
        See here for instructions......http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm
        Cheers Vince. I already have an oil seperater stuffed full of stainless steel scourers. I just need to get the stainless steel pipework sorted out.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

im doing my intercooler soon too... need to do the body lift first - maybe this week then I can start working out how to fit it.
          fuel should readjust if you reset the ECU.
          i cant see the need for any sensors really.
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I'll give it a go. It will make a change from breaking the Zook.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

If you get the chance it would be good if you keep a bit of a journal anout this one, I'd be keen to see how it pans out.
              I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Working...
              X