odd noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd noise

hi just joined site just wonderingif anyone else has has had the same prob . iam getting quite a loud noise that appears to be coming from behind the driver side dash the best way to discribe it is it sounds like a trapped bird !!! but its not lol! i drive a ln130 surf it happens when you are moving and stationary thanks any ideas ian

Speedo cable? Does the speedo needle jump around?
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Something in the air ducts?

Comment

Originally posted by clarkey
        hi just joined site just wonderingif anyone else has has had the same prob . iam getting quite a loud noise that appears to be coming from behind the driver side dash the best way to discribe it is it sounds like a trapped bird !!! but its not lol! i drive a ln130 surf it happens when you are moving and stationary thanks any ideas ian
        A trapped bird that is good at hiding??
        Welcome to the nut house, where 'bouts in Devon? susspect we may share a name!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          A trapped bird that is good at hiding??
          Welcome to the nut house, where 'bouts in Devon? susspect we may share a name!
          yeah you might just be right lol i live in cullompton nr exeter

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            Speedo cable? Does the speedo needle jump around?
            no the speedo seems fine that was my first thought

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Something in the air ducts?
              yes thanks will check that out any idea how to get into fan/ air duct

Comment

Air ducts sounds good to me... Try turning the fan off and see if the noise is still there.
                It just does, OK?

Comment

speedo cable

I can remember reading somewhere that there was no speedo cable on 2nd gen Surfs, elec cable driven. Is this correct? I only ask because I too have a rubbing noise coming from behind my dash and I had convinced myself it was the speedo cable, until I read the forum post that said it was electrical. Because of this I just left the job and it is still rubbing.
                  I had a simmilar noise with an erratic speedo needle on an Audi Quattro and all I did was remove the dash, disconnect the speedo cable and pour some 3-in-1 down the cable. Worked fine until I got a new cable.
                  Let me know if you find out if it is cable driven or not. Cheers.
                  What would we do without this forum?

Comment

Have a look here....http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash.htm
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

My speedo is electronic, 1991 Surf ssrx if that helps.

Comment

Mine has a cable. Total pain in the @rse to reconnect if you take the dash off to kill the 'ding ding' too.

I was wondering what that bird noise was. And why my speedo went funnny....

Comment

Working...
                        X