Rad caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad caps

Are there different pressure ratings on the rad cap I have got a 0.9 but I seem to remember that the original one wot I changed years ago was a higher pressure.I have done the serch bit but failed to find wot I wanted,so I was wondering maybe my memory was playing up again? (its age you know)
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

0.9 is the correct one for the 2.4. There is a 1.1 available that some have used but I don't recommend fitting the higher pressure cap. If you need one then you are just trying to cover up a problem.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      0.9 is the correct one for the 2.4. There is a 1.1 available that some have used but I don't recommend fitting the higher pressure cap. If you need one then you are just trying to cover up a problem.

Nev
      Cheers Nev,I thought there was a higher pressure cap but my frail old mind couldnt be 100% sure.And shame on you for thinking that I might be trying to cover up a problem
      It was more a case of clutching at straws for an easy answer,but I forgot life aint that simple

Comment

the performance TRD ones are 1.1 bar i think.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          And shame on you for thinking that I might be trying to cover up a problem
          It was more a case of clutching at straws for an easy answer,but I forgot life aint that simple
          Sorry. I really meant that, rather than cover up a problem, a 1.1 bar cap will not be a cure for a possible problem with the cooling system.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
            Sorry. I really meant that, rather than cover up a problem, a 1.1 bar cap will not be a cure for a possible problem with the cooling system.

Nev
            Nah no need to be sorry m8 its just my quaint pommy humor,thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X