Top Rad hose nipped in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rad hose nipped in?

Foe the last few weeks my 2.4 has developed a problem with the top hose.
    When checking when cold,it is always sucked in? I then release the rad cap ans a rush of air goes in and the hose goes back to normal with a slight loss of coolant,yet the level in the exp tank is ok!
    Its running at normal temp,and when running can feel the hose under pressure,last year Steve at Engine co fitted a new head,recored the rad,fitted new water pump and stat and cap.
    Any ideas chaps????????

Check to coolant level in the expansion bottle, should only be enough in there to submerge the end of the tube.

Comment

I had the same problem with my top hose, replaced the cap and all seems well again
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I'm with Jotto. It sounds like the coolant pressure is building up enough to get rid off the excess, but the rad cap isn't letting it suck some back from the top up bottle to equalise the vacuum when it cools.
        Make sure that the tube from the expansion bottle isn't collapsing or blocked as well, which would stop it drawing in from the bottle.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Check to coolant level in the expansion bottle, should only be enough in there to submerge the end of the tube.
          Yep! that was the problem! too much collant in the header tank,took some out too above the low level and everthing back to normal

Cheers Mike.

Comment

Working...
          X