Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclinder Head removal and refit.

Hi All,

I've tried the search and dont get an awful lot of help.

I need a procedure for removing the cyclinder head and refitting it.

Also is there anyone in Stevenage who can be recommended to do this job.

This morning on the way to work the 2.4 chucked it guts out throught the expansion bottle. I've refilled etc but it just keeps on.

Cheers

Mike.

Ahh, but did you search the main site as well as the forum??

Found this on the main site for ya .... http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/d...ile.php?uid=47
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks Morr,

Anyone In Stevenage fancy helping or know a trust worthy garage to carry out the repair.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSurf
        Thanks Morr,

Anyone In Stevenage fancy helping or know a trust worthy garage to carry out the repair.

Thanks

Mike

Has the head definitely gone?
        Could be an air lock thats worked it's way around the engine and built up into a big air 'bubble'

Comment

All I can tell you is the following.

Got home from work last night and could hear a bubbleing from the front, lifted bonnet and coolant was spitting all over the place from the expansion bottle.

Waited for it to cool down and refilled.

Went for a two or three mile drive and it seemed ok.

Took it to work this morning did about 10 miles and it chucked up all over the A505. So again waited for it to cool down and it then took five litres of water. Managed to get it to work and just filled it up again with another five litres of water.

When the car is at normal temp at idle not problem but as soon as the revs come up the top hose on the rad goes rock hard (Harder than normal) and then you get bubbles coming through the over flow.

So I think it sounds like a head gasket or head itself.

I am so cheesed off it's un true.

Mike.

Comment

I know how you feel, just trying to find a cheaper and easier solution. Maybe try again, but this time with the thermostat removed, it may be stuck shut, worth a try as it's only a two minute job.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              I know how you feel, just trying to find a cheaper and easier solution. Maybe try again, but this time with the thermostat removed, it may be stuck shut, worth a try as it's only a two minute job.
              Yep. I agree. A stuck thermostat will show similar symptoms to a cracked head. Worth checking.

Nev

Comment

Good thinking, I'll try that at lunch time.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Tried removing the thermostat and got the car home, Some 20 miles without overheating. As soon as I stopped the engine on the driveway a small amount of water came from the expansion bottle.

Ho Hum.

Anyone want to buy a good condition surf with a cracked head, Say 2 grand.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X