busbar wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busbar wiring harness

i am half way through replacing glowplugs,80 amp fuse blown,murdered batterries,snow,cold,blah,blah .the busbar insulators all appear to be fitted correctly however there is no wiring harness connected to busbar,cant find the loose tag but on the other side of the intake manifold is a bracket with the small pipes for the efi.fastened via the mounting bolt for this is a plate with a large wire on and another small one spaded to the side of it.it looks like it went somewhere else before as it has a folded tag on each side which have been flatened out to bolt it on.could this be the missing harness that has been fitted in the wrong place?also the plastic nuts all broke off bar one (dr dremmel helped here)can i just go with the nuts supplied on the new plugs or do i need insulated ones again.any help will be greatly appreciated as the wife cant take another day of being sworn at every time she asks how its going.

Originally posted by blacky
    i am half way through replacing glowplugs,80 amp fuse blown,murdered batterries,snow,cold,blah,blah .the busbar insulators all appear to be fitted correctly however there is no wiring harness connected to busbar,cant find the loose tag but on the other side of the intake manifold is a bracket with the small pipes for the efi.fastened via the mounting bolt for this is a plate with a large wire on and another small one spaded to the side of it.it looks like it went somewhere else before as it has a folded tag on each side which have been flatened out to bolt it on.could this be the missing harness that has been fitted in the wrong place?also the plastic nuts all broke off bar one (dr dremmel helped here)can i just go with the nuts supplied on the new plugs or do i need insulated ones again.any help will be greatly appreciated as the wife cant take another day of being sworn at every time she asks how its going.

If you complete your profile so we know what vehicle you have we can help.

Side of Pork eh? We go there often for a days boozin
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      If you complete your profile so we know what vehicle you have we can help.

Side of Pork eh? We go there often for a days boozin

UPDATED PROFILE(forgot about that).yeah boozers are within staggering distance of each other,so long as the bloke with the maddona headset and cheap suit grants you permission to pass!

Comment

Disconnect the wires and connect to a multimeter. Wires to positive and earth the other multimeter lead. Switch ignition on and note voltage readings. Voltage, if theses are the glow plug wires will be around 10-11V and then drop a few volts after a few seconds. These will be the glow plug wires if this happens. Plain nuts will be ok to use.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Disconnect the wires and connect to a multimeter. Wires to positive and earth the other multimeter lead. Switch ignition on and note voltage readings. Voltage, if theses are the glow plug wires will be around 10-11V and then drop a few volts after a few seconds. These will be the glow plug wires if this happens. Plain nuts will be ok to use.

Nev

i`m getting 12.2v then when relay clicks dropping to 10.25v

Comment

i`m getting 12.2v then when relay clicks dropping to 10.25v
            That should be the Glow Plug wires then. Voltage seems a little high though. Connect it up and recheck voltages at the glow plug rail.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
              That should be the Glow Plug wires then. Voltage seems a little high though. Connect it up and recheck voltages at the glow plug rail.

Nev
              cheers so far nev.would there be some sort of resister in the circuit that could be a prob? theres also x2 brand new bosch h.d`s on but that shouldnt affect volts, i am getting 12.75 at batterries(with no load)

Comment

cheers so far nev.would there be some sort of resister in the circuit that could be a prob? theres also x2 brand new bosch h.d`s on but that shouldnt affect volts, i am getting 12.75 at batterries(with no load)
                all reconnected,lost about 1 volt testing at plug rail. had a wrestling match with the efi manifold,everything else back on.turned key and waited for beeps to begin,started up first turn of engine and smooth not lumpy.what a wonderful world it is again.thanks for your help nev.

Comment

all reconnected,lost about 1 volt testing at plug rail. had a wrestling match with the efi manifold,everything else back on.turned key and waited for beeps to begin,started up first turn of engine and smooth not lumpy.what a wonderful world it is again.thanks for your help nev.
                  Glad I could help. Not easy when on the other side of world to diagnose problems. Voltage should be ok as it is. I would worry if it was still 12V or over at the glow plug rail because the Surf Glow Plugs are not a 12V plug. As far as I know their rating is 11V.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                  X