bobbox denso mod chip info!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbox denso mod chip info!?

brought meself a bobbox denso mod chip thingy couple weeks back. to fit it you need a connection to the live out from solenoid, 12v ignition live, a good earth/neutral connection and a link to the turbo boost sensor to the middle cable(has a speed variable voltage-needed apparently!) anyway on connection to the boost sensor noticed pipe going to it was just hangin and not connected to anything! which means the whole time ive had my surf turbo not been working!!! yeah i thought was slow but put it down to heavy beast and old 2.4 engine! anyway now i dont know whats turbo power and whats bobbox power! wondered if any1 could post me some figures with and without the bobbox running and what difference there is i.e revs at certain speeds etc etc, i think its working cos wired it through to the cab and if i crank it up to much whilst going along i leave a huge cloud of smoke and feels like throttle sticking! but put a switch onto it but dont make any difference if its on or off! (perhaps i wired it wrong whcih would be embaressing as im a spark!! ) just after any info from any other diesel bob customers! ps any1 thinking of getting one i suggest chucking the plastic cable joiners supplied with it and soldiering get much better and guarenteed conection!!!!

thats 14 threds now chillit!
    slowely, slowely catching the monkey

Some other performance mods.......http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm
    I aint got no BB

Comment

Originally posted by sl8eo
      brought meself a bobbox denso mod chip thingy couple weeks back. to fit it you need a connection to the live out from solenoid, 12v ignition live, a good earth/neutral connection and a link to the turbo boost sensor to the middle cable(has a speed variable voltage-needed apparently!) anyway on connection to the boost sensor noticed pipe going to it was just hangin and not connected to anything! which means the whole time ive had my surf turbo not been working!!! yeah i thought was slow but put it down to heavy beast and old 2.4 engine! anyway now i dont know whats turbo power and whats bobbox power! wondered if any1 could post me some figures with and without the bobbox running and what difference there is i.e revs at certain speeds etc etc, i think its working cos wired it through to the cab and if i crank it up to much whilst going along i leave a huge cloud of smoke and feels like throttle sticking! but put a switch onto it but dont make any difference if its on or off! (perhaps i wired it wrong whcih would be embaressing as im a spark!! ) just after any info from any other diesel bob customers! ps any1 thinking of getting one i suggest chucking the plastic cable joiners supplied with it and soldiering get much better and guarenteed conection!!!!

thats 14 threds now chillit!
      Your turbo should work with the Map sensor disconected but you wont get boost related fueling so if you reconect the Map sensor - (there should be a filter in the line - use a plastic fuel filter if its missing) you should see more power as it adds extra fuel as the boost goes up, Its probably worth disconecting both batteries for 20 min to reset the ECU. Whilst your reconecting the Map it would be worth poping a T-peice in the line and adding a boost gauge so you can check the turbo is working. Watch out if you can adjust the bob box so far you get lots of smoke - diesels are killed by too rich a mixture not too lean like petrol engines; it's worth adding an EGT gauge to keep track of things and when you do you'll probably scare yourself and find your looking at intercooling or water injection to cool things down.

Comment

I've been running a Bobbox now for a year+ and love it. It takes quite a while to set up with the dial on the front, mine runs at just over the quarter mark. Any more and I start smoking. It will be handy because I'm intercooling it soon and will need the extra fuel. You must fit a boost gauge, I did and found that the boost was up with the Bobbox operating.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8478 has one fitted

Comment

[QUOTE=Bikenuts]Your turbo should work with the Map sensor disconected but you wont get boost related fueling so if you reconect the Map sensor - (there should be a filter in the line - use a plastic fuel filter if its missing) you should see more power as it adds extra fuel as the boost goes up, Its probably worth disconecting both batteries for 20 min to reset the ECU. Whilst your reconecting the Map it would be worth poping a T-peice in the line and adding a boost gauge so you can check the turbo is working. Watch out if you can adjust the bob box so far you get lots of smoke - diesels are killed by too rich a mixture not too lean like petrol engines; it's worth adding an EGT gauge to keep track of things and when you do you'll probably scare yourself and find your looking at intercooling or water injection to cool things down.[/QUOTE

That unit sounds like its worth getting where would you find one of them in England.

Comment

That unit sounds like its worth getting where would you find one of them in England.
              www.dieselbob.co.uk
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
              X