2" suspension lift (how hard is it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" suspension lift (how hard is it)

Ive had a 2" body lift done to the Surf which i found quite easy and did it in under 4hours

Now im thinking of doing a 2" suspension lift and was just thinking of getting the torsion bars and rear springs as i have a set of ES9000 pro comp shocks to fit as one of mine is leaking(not sure if they will be suitable for the extra 2" lift) and i was wondering how difficult is the job from others who have done this modifacation.

Cheers

Steve
    They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

2" suspension lift is probably quicker than doing a 2" body lift.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      2" suspension lift is probably quicker than doing a 2" body lift.

In that case Tony, how much do you charge for the 2 inch lift? I will be visiting you sometime in a coupla months to have my new truk serviced. I might fancy a lift as well.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
        In that case Tony, how much do you charge for the 2 inch lift? I will be visiting you sometime in a coupla months to have my new truk serviced. I might fancy a lift as well.

Al.
        Substantially less than the big boys do. I can get better prices with Procomp for the lift now as well, email me if you want to sort something out.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Substantially less than the big boys do. I can get better prices with Procomp for the lift now as well, email me if you want to sort something out.

OK m8, will do nearer the time.

Al.
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

You can get a pair of 2" rear lift springs from Milners for £40 plus p&p and wind the front up to suit.. hour of a job.
            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
              You can get a pair of 2" rear lift springs from Milners for £40 plus p&p and wind the front up to suit.. hour of a job.
              No you can't...ask them
              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

i would really like to do the lift the only thing thats putting me off doing it is im worried with a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift the car may look a bit weired as ive seen some pics of surfs with massive lifts on 31" tyres and they look a bit silly in my opinion like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hi-Lux-...QQcmdZViewItem

im worried mine may look the same as i dont want to change the tyres as there almost brand new.

Does anyone have a pic of a surf with about 4" of lift on 31" tyres to give me an idea of how the car would look ?

Cheers

Steve
                Last edited by stevetubbyturbo; 8 March 2006, 22:19.

Comment

Yeah but Steve, he does say that he reckons it has a 12" lift, and we're only talking about 4". I must admit that I was thinking along the same lines as you, so I might just go for a 2" body lift.
                  Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by stevetubbyturbo
                    Ive had a 2" body lift done to the Surf which i found quite easy and did it in under 4hours

Now im thinking of doing a 2" suspension lift and was just thinking of getting the torsion bars and rear springs as i have a set of ES9000 pro comp shocks to fit as one of mine is leaking(not sure if they will be suitable for the extra 2" lift) and i was wondering how difficult is the job from others who have done this modifacation.

Cheers

Steve
                    Not to difficult as you have done the body lift you should breeze it
                    I have done one and apart from some novice related probs it went well
                    I still have to change the torsion bars got the drivers side one off and struggled to get the new one on had to postpone it due to christmas/ a virus that I couldn't get rid of for over 6 weeks/and the recent weather!
                    was talking to Jotto who did his no prob and he had done the bodylift first
                    it gave him more clearence to put the torsion bars on

Comment

i would really like to do the lift the only thing thats putting me off doing it is im worried with a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift the car may look a bit weired as ive seen some pics of surfs with massive lifts on 31" tyres and they look a bit silly in my opinion like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Hi-Lux-...QQcmdZViewItem

im worried mine may look the same as i dont want to change the tyres as there almost brand new.

Does anyone have a pic of a surf with about 4" of lift on 31" tyres to give me an idea of how the car would look ?

Cheers

Steve
                      Get some bigger tyres- YOU KNOW WANT TO!

Comment

I got 2" suspension and 2" bodylift with 31" tyres. Heres a pic. The rear looks low because of the trailer attached, but the front is the correct height. Looks fine. Any more lift and 33" would look better.
                        Attached Files
                        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                          I got 2" suspension and 2" bodylift with 31" tyres. Heres a pic. The rear looks low because of the trailer attached, but the front is the correct height. Looks fine. Any more lift and 33" would look better.
                          Cheers Danno,Thats looks great mate as yours is basicly almost identical to mine apart from the wheels

2" suspension lift here we come
                          Last edited by stevetubbyturbo; 9 March 2006, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

looks cool I've been pondering but your photo has made my mind up to almost quote
                            stevetubbyturbo 2 inch bodylift here I come! (As I have done the 2 inch suspension lift)
                            Last edited by bobo; 9 March 2006, 21:37.

Comment

Cheers

Steve
                              can you tell me what bodylift kit you used as I have been convinced to do mine by this thread ( already almost completed a 2" suspension lift)
                              cheers
                              Bobo

Comment

Working...
                              X