Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdoor sensor

Hi all,

Last week I had a problem closing the backdoor electric window, I realised that it must have been the sensor because the light wouldn´t go off when I closed it and as a result i banged it a few times until the light went off after which it closed normally. Does anyone know where the sensor is so I can have a look at it? It must be damaged or rusty or something...

Cheers all.

We had exactly the same problem recently.

We, like you, suspected that it was a problem with the sensor rather than the window mechanism itself. We opened up the rear door and we were faced with a maze of complicated wiring. We were in Windhoek at the time (only briefly) so we couldn't really make use of hiluxsurf.co.uk so we took it to a garage. They said we needed a new relay. We disagreed. We took it to another garage. They said we needed a new relay. We decided we were outnumbered by people who knew better than us. We went to a toyota garage and managed to by a relay (we nearly fainted on the spot with surprise). We took the new relay back to the garage and they installed it. No difference!!!!

In the end they just disconected the alarm which tells you that the back door is open. It now works fine and it only took them 0.52 seconds to pull the cables apart.

I'm not bitter - I just hate the gits!!!
    :-)
    fearghal

Comment

The switch for the lights and window isolator is a microswitch on one of the catches either side of the tailgate.
      You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies. I have just come back from holidays and will try to locate the switch on the back door.

Comment

Working...
        X