Oil Filler Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filler Cap

anybody experienced this....... unless engine is cold,you need the arms of garth to unscrew said filler cap... and not so easy when cold. i also had this with my previous 2.4...... also being a short legger, i,m at full reach before exherting any twisting pressure (a short ass, me ) or is my surf tall ???
    anyway..... what say you ??

cheers ...carl.......
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Originally posted by surfcarl
    anybody experienced this....... unless engine is cold,you need the arms of garth to unscrew said filler cap... and not so easy when cold. i also had this with my previous 2.4...... also being a short legger, i,m at full reach before exherting any twisting pressure (a short ass, me ) or is my surf tall ???

cheers ...carl.......
    the best tool to help.............

cuban heels!!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

cuban heels... you takin the

he-he

carl.......

Comment

I use a large adjustable spanner and a soft cloth. Adjust jaws of wrench to fit hex on filler cap and off it comes.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

cheers ...carl.......

Your not alone Carl , this short ass also has the same trouble along with trying to relocate the dipstick back into the leader pipe when checking the oil, Can't see the damn hole !!!!!!

Comment

I used to use the A bar to step on until I filled it up with spot lights. I now stand at the side of the truck, it's still a bit of a reach but it's my own fault Cause I fitted a lift kit.

Oh I think I'm not a vertically challenged person at 5'10.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

cuban heels... you takin the

he-he

carl.......

Moi??.......er.....yup
              I have probs too....but me under height and over wide - doc says I should be 7'19"...when I am in the truck 6 tyres plus!
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Adjustable wrench works everytime dont go mad or you will crack it.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                  I used to use the A bar to step on until I filled it up with spot lights. I now stand at the side of the truck, it's still a bit of a reach but it's my own fault Cause I fitted a lift kit.

Oh I think I'm not a vertically challenged person at 5'10.

I was thinking of adapting me trolley jack with a platform !!

Comment

After two and a half years of practice I can find the hole without looking.............when dipping the oil.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      After two and a half years of practice I can find the hole without looking.............when dipping the oil.

After two and a half years of TRYING i still can't find the hole ............when dipping the oil

Comment

i agree there really tight aye,,,but to be hinest im glad,,,the other day well a year ago mine came loose and all my oil came out well alot of oil lol it was all over my lights ect runs along way

Comment

i,m glad i,m not the only one......
                          5 yrs ago, i went in one of these ---> ... i,ve had open heart surgery....... so the less hassle with maintenance, the better.... my days of getting underneath the truck have gone

carl........

Comment

mine is always stuck fast too and I dont do it up tight! i use a small hammer on the edge and it frees 1st time.
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                            X