X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator

Hi
    I am experiencing problems with my alternator for my 1990 2.4 turbo surf
    its not putting enough charge in at night when I run full lights the CD player cuts out also when indicating or braking. Its been getting worse starts ok but at night it’s the main problem I have had battery checked all seems ok, anyone know a cheap place to buy a new more powerful one..Thanks
    Shiny

Just had mine rebuilt and upped to 75 amp, works and charges a treat now but heres a place that are reasonable.

http://www.woodauto.com/default.aspx

Comment

At least yours is giving you some warning its on its way out mine just died on me 300 miles from home when all the dash warning lights light up and a really anoying squeal from a warning buzzer.

But i managed to get it half way home before i had to call the AA to come get me and when i replaced it i had a 85 amp one
      They can go fast, I can go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by stevetubbyturbo
        At least yours is giving you some warning its on its way out mine just died on me 300 miles from home when all the dash warning lights light up and a really anoying squeal from a warning buzzer.

But i managed to get it half way home before i had to call the AA to come get me and when i replaced it i had a 85 amp one
        Thanks guys but i got it sorted I was tempted to buy a new battery or alternator but in the end i took it to Lucas who diagnosed a wiring problem/earth fault at a cost of £74.03 and it is totally different everything works well, I used to have problems in getting my rear window up but...it works like a 16year old now. whey..If I had got batt and alt it would not have sorted out my problems.. credit where due.. Lucas are very Good...see you on the road Shiny

Comment

Originally posted by shiny
          Thanks guys but i got it sorted I was tempted to buy a new battery or alternator but in the end i took it to Lucas who diagnosed a wiring problem/earth fault at a cost of £74.03 and it is totally different everything works well, I used to have problems in getting my rear window up but...it works like a 16year old now. whey..If I had got batt and alt it would not have sorted out my problems.. credit where due.. Lucas are very Good...see you on the road Shiny

16 year old.......work........Blimey! things must be different in your neck of the woods then.

Comment

Working...
          X