Cheers guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers guys

Got surf just atfer christmas and have been worried about overheating problems since (Re. "dodgy head repair?" thread). Have religously been keeping an eye on the water levels, unfortuantly via the header tank! Went to london on friday just before Dartford tunnel hit traffic for the tolls. Temp shot up, only let it get up the the right side of the little temp sign then hit the hard shoulder, kept the ignition on so the fans kept running and cooled her down,Lost all heating back and front.Limped to my sisters in Mordon then tapped into this trusted site, decided i might have been checking in the wrong place for the water levels (what a T**T). 4lts later and bleeding the system, topping up as we go over the weekend. Drove through London and then home and she didnt miss a beat.
    I had an old pug 405 once and they are renound for heater matix probs and to bleed that i used a big orange squash bottle with the bottom cut off, stuck the neck into the top of the rad,filled it up with water, let the engine get hot then squeeze any water pipes i could see, till no more air bubbled through the bottle. Sorry if im telling you guy how to suck eggs but i might be teaching someone something.
    Again cheers for all the help. Den
    Last edited by den 22; 12 February 2006, 23:50. Reason: didnt mean to put it on twice!!!

The wisest move was getting onto the hard shoulder sharp-ish and letting her cool down.

I had the same problem after driving up Rosedale Chimney, with a part blocked radiator, after Langdale. Got rid of the airlock and 8 months later, still OK.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
    X