lazy auto box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy auto box

when cold, my gears seem a little "lazy". had to reverse first thing this morn, beeper sounding but no reverse drive, also, there is a short, very steep hill i go down after leaving home, when i reach junction at bottom, (on the flat), i go to pull off and it revs for a split second as if it builds up pressure b4 moving off ????after 2 mins running , all is ok...... is this symptoms of low fluid level, or, oil needs changing ??? where do you put oil to top up ??
    anybody in s.wales able to flush and change fluid for me ??
    there is NO lock up, as engine revs freely until truck moves off.....

cheers....... CARL........
    gettin coooooler... and dark....

Yep, sounds the same prob. as I had. Low fluid. I use Duckhams Dextron III auto. trans. fluid.
    The bottle has a pull out tube which you insert into the transmission dipstick tube and pour the fluid in. only pour in a small amount at a time and check the level on the dipstick, (the orange one).

Comment

will try that and see how it goes....

cheers...carl...
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

I have noticed mine doesn't seem to like locking up when cold - takes a couple of miles (i.e. needs to get warm) before the box will lock up in overdrive.

Is this normal, or does this also imply low ATF level?
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
          I have noticed mine doesn't seem to like locking up when cold - takes a couple of miles (i.e. needs to get warm) before the box will lock up in overdrive.

Is this normal, or does this also imply low ATF level?
          Think i've read somewhere that it wont lock up while cold,therefore,gearbox will need to warm up a bit before it will operate properly.Mine gets lock up after about a mile but i've only got up to speed after this time after getting on main road.
          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
          X