oil filter,s with valves or not????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filter,s with valves or not????

does n e one know if the milners oil filters have valves in them or not??

the reason i ask is that i got a price from a local motor factors of £9.00 reduced from £11.00 to me as i use them alot....i told the guy that i can get them for around a fiver ish from milners..... his clever answer to this is that if you can get them at that price you get me some......so i went to the truck and got the little milners cat out and proved my price!!!

he then goes on to say that his book says that the surfs oil filter is ment to have valves in them and that an oil filter that cheap will not have them in.....so then i said that i can get a service kit comprising of air/oil/fuel filters for same price as your oil filter....he then says they cant be much good at that price be carful putting them on your truck....i have told him that ive used loads of these filters/filter kits and had no probs what so ever......so i think he,s a little pi***d about these prices now... i was thinking of taking him one but this may upset him a little to say the least...........

any way does ne one know if he,s right about the valves????
    cause rough trax show there,s as having valves......mmmmmmm
    CHEERS JOHN................

The Surf filter should be a dual stage fullflow/ bypass filter. This is a dual element filter with the normal full flow filter medium found in most oil filters for non turbo engines and a second finer filtering section for all the soot. Most filters have an anti drain back valve and a pressure relief valve. The anti drain back valve holds oil in the filter to prevent dry startup. The pressure relief valve opens if the filter becomes clogged so the engine remains lubricated although now with unfiltered oil.

Nev

Comment

Milners filters dont have the non return valve, I have been using them for a while, and the oil light was taking 5-6 seconds to go out, now have just used a Roughtrax filter and the light goes out much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        Milners filters dont have the non return valve, I have been using them for a while, and the oil light was taking 5-6 seconds to go out, now have just used a Roughtrax filter and the light goes out much quicker.
        Now thats strange because I've had a couple of filters from Milners and when I've remove them they've been full of oil so I thought they did have non return valves fitted

Comment

Non return valves will ensure engine is not starved of oil during startup. If you experience this and your oil light is on for a few seconds or oil pressure gauge registers low for a few seconds then change your brand of filter and get one that has a non return valve. Cheap compared to a new engine. Genuine has a non return valve. I use Ryco and they also have them as well as being dual stage.

Nev

Comment

so whats the final answer on this... Are Milners Filters **** or ok to use??? Got a service coming up in about a week so am about to order filter kit as usual.. Should i switch to roughtrax??
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
              so whats the final answer on this... Are Milners Filters **** or ok to use??? Got a service coming up in about a week so am about to order filter kit as usual.. Should i switch to roughtrax??
              Roughtrax will get my business from now on.

Comment

so whats the final answer on this... Are Milners Filters **** or ok to use???
                Ask Milners for a copy of the specs on the oil filter or try a search for the brand and see if the info is on the net.

Nev

Comment

I've always used Milners filters and never had a problem with oil pressure .

Comment

Working...
                  X