• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaaargh

What i have done

Changed fuel filter
    Changed all fuses and relays
    Put new glow plugs in (Havent blown a fuse so in the right way)
    Tried leaving fuel cap off to test fuel tank breather
    Got a new air intake hose

And sometimes she still wont start, I am certain its go to be fuel but dont know any tests or what else to do to find out. PLEASE HELP ME.

Just got rid of my speed bell so really enjoy driving her, its just a nightmare gettin her to start, the only time i can pretty much guaruntee astart is after leaving her at least 4 hours (and overnight).

Got to be someone on here that can say 'oh i know exactly what your problem is, its..............'

Hope to hear from someone soon

Matt

Hello,

Are you saying that as long as the engine is cold it will start? Have you checked fuel is getting to the engine? Press the plunger on top of the fuel filter - it should stop pumping quite quickly (indicating fuel line is full).

I had an old pugeot that sucked air into perished fuel lines, and it was a real beach to sort out.

If you can't find what you need on this site, follow the links (on the left of the home page) to useful sites - the Aussie site may be able to help.

Regards
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Hello,

Are you saying that as long as the engine is cold it will start? Have you checked fuel is getting to the engine? Press the plunger on top of the fuel filter - it should stop pumping quite quickly (indicating fuel line is full).

I had an old pugeot that sucked air into perished fuel lines, and it was a real beach to sort out.

If you can't find what you need on this site, follow the links (on the left of the home page) to useful sites - the Aussie site may be able to help.

Regards
      the primer does get firm after a couple of times and yes when cold alot easier

Comment

Working...
      X