What.......no thermostate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What.......no thermostate

I went to replace the thermostate due to heating problems only to find that the old thermostate didnt exisist, to me this was a surprise due to the fact that ive not long had the vehicle and recently moved to Ireland and have driven some long distances not knowing that i had no thermostate,no wonder the vehicle had heating problems. has anyone else been in the same situation, Ive also found out that some Land Rover Discovery owners remove there thermostates, something to do with fuel consumption

Re

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland are you?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Steve C
      I went to replace the thermostate due to heating problems only to find that the old thermostate didnt exisist, to me this was a surprise due to the fact that ive not long had the vehicle and recently moved to Ireland and have driven some long distances not knowing that i had no thermostate,no wonder the vehicle had heating problems. has anyone else been in the same situation, Ive also found out that some Land Rover Discovery owners remove there thermostates, something to do with fuel consumption
      Old THERMOSTATS tend to stick so they may have removed it for that reason.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Cheers Marky, it maybe for that reason but put replacement thermostate in just going to wait and see what happens, keeping an eye on the coolant see if that drops. However the temp readings are spot on and the heating system seems to be working fine

Comment

Re

OK, don't tell me then!

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett
            OK, don't tell me then!
            Been busy mate, had to sort out the surf as a priority, due to such cold weather needed heat in the motor, answer to your question Coleraine, also looking through spares and sale items etc and saw that you posted a thread stating that McCombs,Newcastle, Co Down had loads of surfs being broken up for spares any where else in N Ireland that you know of maybe nearer to Coleraine.
            1992 2.4 SSR-X LN 130
            Last edited by Steve C; 11 February 2006, 22:16.

Comment

Working...
            X