General Maintenance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Maintenance...

I just gotta 2.4 surf that is simply the best ******** motor in the world. And i want ot keep it that way. Anyone got any advice on what sort of regular (fairly simple sort, no expert me) maintenance to do to keep it sweet!

milners do a filter service pack oil,air and fuel for £10, change them at oil changes, redex in the tank foot to the floor

Comment

Originally posted by smadamij
      I just gotta 2.4 surf that is simply the best ******** motor in the world. And i want ot keep it that way. Anyone got any advice on what sort of regular (fairly simple sort, no expert me) maintenance to do to keep it sweet!
      give it a regular service i do mine every 6mts i dont bother with mileage service kits are cheap from milners and i do a weekly check oil water ect by the way were in devon are you

Comment

recommended oil change is every 3000 miles, filter is every other. To be honest for what a filter costs I thinks its best to change it with every oil change.
        Check coolant levels, transmission levels, diff levels
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

NIPPLES

get a grease gun and grease your nipples regularly, keep an eye on your wheel bearings,most impotant keep a veryclose eye on the water level.
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by smadamij

www.milneroffroad.com is all you need to service your surf .Manuals,filter kits etc at fairly good prices and prompt delivery also valuable advice when needed (as well as this web site of cause). Have fun...............

Comment

could anyone please tell me how to check the diff levels?
              9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by BETRAYAL
                could anyone please tell me how to check the diff levels?

Undo the filler plug on the face and stick your finger in...oil should just be below the lip....best thing to do is go to the Service Sticky thread under Technical-Maintenance-General....you'll get loads of info and piccies where poss.
                Gaz

Comment

ball bearing in EGR tube

Just got my first 2.4,93,LN 130 surf,recieved one of those ball bearings that can be fitted into the hose from the EGR,but heard some conflicting reports.
                  On the positive side heard the reduce black smoke when starting(i dont seem to have that problem),but also heard it increases mpg and performance!
                  On the negative side id heard it can lead to head cracking problems(mines already had the head replaced,so would that still affect me?)
                  Would be pleased to hear any and all comments from well informed surf owners ,thanks bigsteve

Comment

Shame you didn't read the FAQs before forking out for a ball bearing from the con artist on eBlag. You could have done the job with a cable tie.

I disconnected my EGR valve three years ago and haven't had any problems yet. I am either still on the original head or it was changed for a modified one in Japan. Despite overheating a couple of times, due to a muddy radiator, my head is still in one piece.
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X