X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control Transplant

Hi All
    A question for all you Boffins.

How easy is it to transplant a Cruise Control from a SSR-G to a SSR-X?

Cheers
    Dev

Don't know the answer to that, but I fitted a "Howard May" aftermarket cruise control kit the other night, and it took me 7 hours.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
      Don't know the answer to that, but I fitted a "Howard May" aftermarket cruise control kit the other night, and it took me 7 hours.

Do you find it works okay as I am considering fitting one having been done for speeding?

Comment

Yep it works perfectly, as long as the other traffic will get out of my way so I can continue at a steady speed. I'd never relised before how much the traffic speeds up and slow down. Haven't tried a long run yet, but should be running to Scotland soon so we'll see how it stands up to more than 1/4 hours use at a time.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Yep it works perfectly, as long as the other traffic will get out of my way so I can continue at a steady speed.
          How much of a git was it to fit? Are the instructions as clear as they could be?

Dave
          It just does, OK?

Comment

It took me 7 hours to fit due to the fact that it is a universal kit, and I had to adapt the adaptors, and work out where to fit the mounting brackets. Getting access to the brake light switch was especially difficult as it envolves removing the lower part of the drivers dash and lying with your head in the foot well and your feet on the head rest, working with finger space designed for a person with very small hands.
            Would I do it again or pay the chap to fit it? I'm not sure. It diffently wouldn't take me 7 hours as I know where I went wrong, and the instructions were very clear.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

It took me 7 hours to fit due to the fact that it is a universal kit, and I had to adapt the adaptors, and work out where to fit the mounting brackets. Getting access to the brake light switch was especially difficult as it envolves removing the lower part of the drivers dash and lying with your head in the foot well and your feet on the head rest, working with finger space designed for a person with very small hands.
              Would I do it again or pay the chap to fit it? I'm not sure. It diffently wouldn't take me 7 hours as I know where I went wrong, and the instructions were very clear.
              it wont take us 7 hours either now if you tell us how to do it
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
              X