Crank pully nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank pully nut

How am i to get this off,any help would be greatfull,i,ve heard of putting a bar on the nut wegding it VERY securly and turning the motor over short and sharp but is there any other way!

Used that method to undo the Crank when I had a L/R D***o and it worked ok. When I did the cylinder head on my 3rd Gen and had to do the Cam nut I put a very big adjustable on the Cam shaft (which is ready machined for this).
    If your cool with taking the Rocker cover off, then I would be tempted to try that 1st! Otherwise speak to TonyN - the chief spanner man here I think!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
      How am i to get this off,any help would be greatfull,i,ve heard of putting a bar on the nut wegding it VERY securly and turning the motor over short and sharp but is there any other way!
      i did mine over the Xmas break, i had what you could only describe as a ****ing big oil filter wrench you know the chain type, this was lent to me by the local main toyota agent( yes main agent), as i bought the new pulley off them £93 + vat, same price as rough trax. put the wrewnch on the fan belt pulley 19mm socket on crank pulley and heave ho off it came along with knuckle skin and blue air, the hardest bit was getting pulley off crank end, remove rad and borrow puller fanny about leavering cambelt cover out of the way to get puller on behind pulley, once off 1/2 hour and all was back up and running,
      good luck
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by TOYMOTA
        mine was done like this once... make sure your quick with the motor though!
        not a hugely safe way but it can work.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Got the crank nut off today,decided to use the cracker bar wedged under the chassis way amd it came straight off,cheers for your help guy,s,one more ?
          Any tips on getting it tightened up.

Comment

Working...
          X